PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET engine start help.. Has spark & fuel but no start

drift Kid
04-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Hey everyone. Only making this post because I have tried everything and have search and read hours worth of research.. Going to give as much detail as possible to hopefully narrow down what problem may be..

Also this swap is from a running car I had previously..

What's it doing: Car turns over fine.. Fire up for maybe 5 seconds and dies off.. Will run for a few seconds with starter fuel..

Everything I have done and tested:
Checked all four plugs for spark and we have spark
Checked injectors if they are all firing.. Took the fuel rail off with injectors still on to see if they sparying and they are all sparying but seem kinda weak (not sure how hard they suppose to spray but def sparying..
Checked the red wire from grey plug and red wire from injector harness for constant 12V and it's good
Checked fuel pump pressure and it's 30-40 when prime and also when it's turning over
Checked cas timing base off FRSport writeup and it's looks to be on point
Checked all the ground from the intake, head, harness, ecu, injector grounds
Checked mafs, all vacuum holes for leaks
Checked IACV
Checked all fuses

Tired turning it over a few times with coil packs unplug to try flood engine and re plug coil pack and would fire up for few seconds and try to restart and won't fire up again

I did cut off a few unnecessary plugs like for cruise control and wiper motor

Have not checked compression but seems to be strong when turning by hand when putting tdc and also since it was from a running car

List of mods:
Red top SR20
550cc
Power FC (previously tuned)
Greddy intake
Aftermarket exhaust mani
T28
Walbor Fuel pump
Adjust FPR
Z32 mafs

Any help, tips or suggestions highly appreciated..

drift Kid
04-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Alright so update.. Talked to my buddy Carl H and he suggested it may be a clogged fuel pump or sticky injectors. I know I had good fuel pressure so I went and rigged a pressure system to hooked onto fuel rail to clean them out with carb cleaner (having it spray into paper and not into engine of course). And after that it fired up! Considering the chassis had been sitting for await and had some bad/old gas it may have clogged the injectors..