PDA

View Full Version : Rear 5 Lug Swap

ICKY
10-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Searched here and google and didn't really find anything but questions. I got a pair of S14 SE 5 lub hubs sitting in the garage and I want to put them on my S14 Zenki base model. Anyone know where I can find a write-up on how to install them? I just want to be sure and not screw the car up.

AKADriver
10-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Factory service manual.

If you don't have one of those, grab the S14 SR20DET service manual from the zilvia "tech" page, the installation procedure should be the same. It's just more convenient IMO to have the book than a .pdf :)

Var
10-12-2004, 06:51 PM
http://www.sillbeer.com/5lugswap.php

ICKY
10-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Let me get this streight... do I HAVE to redrill my rotors in order for the hubs to fit? Also, I don't want to take my whole assembly to a machine shop just for them to take the hubs off. Is there any way around this?

Flybert
10-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Just step away from the car. You clearly don't know what the fuck you are talking about and what needs to be done. Go get an FSM and then come back. Seriously.

SilviaDriver
10-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Let me get this streight... do I HAVE to redrill my rotors in order for the hubs to fit? Also, I don't want to take my whole assembly to a machine shop just for them to take the hubs off. Is there any way around this?

uve been here since jul 2003 and you ask this?

redrilling the rotor is for people who wish NOT to buy new 5 lug rotors

rainier
10-12-2004, 07:36 PM
dude seriously on zilvia there are so many 5 lug swap threads. just seriously search harder.

evilimport
10-13-2004, 12:57 PM
just buy new 5 lug rotors man, they are freakin cheap and there is a write up in super street this month on the swap...SS sucks but there are pics and instructions there to see everything...

Dream240
10-13-2004, 02:45 PM

damn man they're really cracking down on you. Well, no you don't need to take anything to a shop. Once you get the entire knuckle/hub assembly away from the car, flip it over. There are four bolts holding the hub to the knuckle. remove them and swap hubs, voila, you're done. Then just reassemble the car.

Check here for good pics of the disassembly of the rear end:

http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm#rearbrake

Good luck and try to search more to keep from getting flamed. Just a tip.

Touring240
10-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Go buy:
5 lug s14 SE rotors
new rear brake pads
2 new cotter pins

remove cotter pins and locking cap
remove 36mm nut
remove 4 bolts holding the hub to the spindle
(turn the rear axle to gain access to each bolt, its a bitch)
pull off rear hub (borrow/rent a hub puller if you want it makes things easier especially if its a rusty car)

If you just have the hub not the hub and bearing assembly you'll have to buy a new bearing or reuse your old bearings and get them pressed on.

Install is the reverse of the removal.