PDA

View Full Version : sr20det redtop connecting rod piston direction

R3cK
03-22-2017, 07:10 AM
hi
piston front mark is alright
but my connection rods have the cylinder number on the other side and not as shown in the picture here:

so the oil hole of the rod is 100% sure on the passenger side?

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0900c152/80/1c/e2/60/medium/0900c152801ce260.gif

cheers

uh, and one more thing. any idea how to flush a naked block after i got it to oversize?

hanzbrady
03-22-2017, 07:34 AM
Fun fact they work both ways lol. But always follow the FSM, I just didn't realize till I had assembled a long block for my daily driver and rolled the dice and that engine ran perfect.

R3cK
03-22-2017, 07:52 AM
Fun fact they work both ways lol. But always follow the FSM, I just didn't realize till I had assembled a long block for my daily driver and rolled the dice and that engine ran perfect.

so oil hole on the driver or passenger side ?
xD

hanzbrady
03-22-2017, 07:56 AM
so oil hole on the driver or passenger side ?
xD

Well considering your location I can see saying driver's or passenger's side being confusing.

If you look at the photo you posted it includes the dot at the top of the piston which is to be faced towards the front of the engine with the oil hole on the rod to the left side of that if you're looking as the piston with the piston facing towards you.