PDA

View Full Version : what to keep when doing an SR swap

ihmeg
10-12-2004, 12:01 PM
1989 240sx HB...

i was wondering what parts i should keep when taking the KA, if any.

just dont want to throw away anything that i need :)

nissantuner22
10-12-2004, 12:30 PM
compare motor mounts of KA to the SR, use the ones that are better.

Luke
10-12-2004, 01:20 PM
You could keep your SOHC KA MAFS to use on the SR if yours ever goes bad. There's prob more but i can't think right now... :doh:

EDIT: You should reuse the lower tranny harness and speed sensor from your KA.

mjjstang
10-12-2004, 01:40 PM
you should send me your parts so i can sell em on ebay.

ihmeg
10-12-2004, 04:21 PM
haha how about you just buy them all when the swap is completed for a nice price and we'll call it a day :wiggle:

sepulchral
10-12-2004, 04:24 PM
how bout you take every valuable part off and sell it on ebay or boards, make some money back then trash the stuff you dont need, like the ka motor itself :)

ihmeg
10-12-2004, 05:11 PM
yeah thats what i had planned on doing but i didnt want to trash anything that i needed :doh:

tErbo b00st
10-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Keep everything until your swap is done. Then sell it or trash it. Thats what I did.

90sr
10-12-2004, 08:11 PM
alls you really need is the speed sensor from your ka tranny, and your lower battery harness that runs to the alternator, done, you can keep minor things like your maf, but your motorset should come with an sr one, keep the stock rad if your gona use that, other than that keep sum bolts and nuts those are always helpfull, good luck man.

chris

mjjstang
10-13-2004, 11:43 AM
did anyone say harness yet, cause u gonna need parts from it, main harness.

ihmeg
10-13-2004, 02:06 PM
yeah i got the harness out last night without damaging it, i will be sending it along with my sr harness off next week to get wired

mjjstang
10-13-2004, 03:54 PM
u know wiring was the simplest thing possibe. its not nearly as hard as people make it out to be, but hey if you wnat it done then thats cool. but I even soldered and heat shrinked and everything mine, only took like 2 hours and i was bein slow about it.

ihmeg
10-13-2004, 04:47 PM
really? is there a good write up on it anywhere? or did you do it from the manual?

Pepperoni
10-13-2004, 05:37 PM
I did wiring on my own too and yes i would never pay anyone $200+ for someone to extend wires.
go to www.srswap.com and look at their FAQ, all the wiring info i used is there.

I used misc. vacuum lines from the KA, the bracket for the throttle cable, and heater hoses. Hmm check which shifter is in better condition, or buy an aftermarket one.

mjjstang
10-14-2004, 12:06 PM
alright, well I had an auto till I converted it, so my wiring was a lil more but not really hard at all, so there are two diagrams you need, they are both on heavy throttles sr tech page, the one that u splice by the passanger headlight area and the one that you splice from the ecu white plug, like from the ecu there is the wires that go out to the engine bay, and the other side there is that little set of wires coming from the blue ecu plug, then u need to extend maf wires and power steering wires. Im not sure what else, but I got it all from asking a couple questions here and the rest was from heavy throttle.