PDA

View Full Version : windshield washer pump...

RoYaL FLuSH
10-11-2004, 07:24 PM
car is an 89 s13. last year the windshield washer pump was replaced with a universal pump. it worked fine until this past summer when my low offset mesh wheels rubbed up against it and broke it off.

today i bought the same exact universal pump and installed it. i turn the car on and when i pull the windshield washer lever i hear the pump working, i hear the washer fluid in the reservoir bubbling, but nothing comes out of the washers. all hoses and wires are hooked up correctly. hoses and washer nozzles are clean and free of debris.

can anyone lead me in the right direction to figure out where the problem is? need help! i'm fed up and about to take it to the garage and let them figure it out but dont wanna pay for sumthing like this. :hyper:

ThatGuy
10-11-2004, 07:59 PM
If the resevior is bubbling, then perhaps the flow is reversed and you are pumping air back into the resevoir. I know it sounds silly, but it might be a good place to start. Make sure the hoses are connected correctly.

RoYaL FLuSH
10-11-2004, 08:13 PM
omg... if thats the problem imma slap myself... imma go find out if i'm an idiot now...

RoYaL FLuSH
10-11-2004, 10:02 PM
umm... yea...

Andrew Bohan
10-11-2004, 10:17 PM
so dolly parton and princess diana meet up at the gates of heaven. st. peter informs them that there's only one spot available and so they each have to convince him who should be let in. dolly parton flips up her shirt and shows st. peter her boobs. then princess diana pulls out a douche bag and shows it to st. peter. he lets diana go in. confused, dolly parton asked why. st. peter replied "royal flush beats a pair"