PDA

View Full Version : Ka24det bottom mount wastegate mounting?

Lowwy
02-17-2017, 12:19 PM
Hi, I got this car in limp mode and have slowly been fixing it.

91 240sx with a ka24det

The wastegate wasnt even mounted and was zip tied hanging. I don't understand how it is supposed to mount to the turbo. I googled an image of the turbo in it (WGT2860) and it seems that the wastegate mounts on the back but I have no clue how to make this work?

Also, another problem i'm having is the car will not start on its own when it's cold. I can get it started with starter fluid and it will idle and run, but sputters hard at around 3500-4k rpm. I know I have a bad boost leak but it seems like there may be a fuel issue but I'm not sure. I know im getting good fuel pressure to the rail but not sure beyond that.

Help please, any suggestions on the wastegate or what to check next for the starting problem?

Lowwy
02-17-2017, 12:19 PM
sorry for the upside down picture

KAT-PWR
02-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Is your ignition bypassed in anyway

anti tyler
02-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Internal gates generally mount to the back side of the compressor housing, you posted a picture of it mounted exactly as it should be...

See the first picture, remove those bolts off the back of the compressor housing and mount the bracket

Lowwy
02-17-2017, 12:46 PM
Not that I know of. When I got the car before winter it started on its own. Towards the end of winter it got harder and harder to start and now after sitting it won't without starter fluid

Lowwy
02-17-2017, 12:49 PM
Internal gates generally mount to the back side of the compressor housing, you posted a picture of it mounted exactly as it should be...

See the first picture, remove those bolts off the back of the compressor housing and mount the bracket

Can I just turn the beginning of the exhaust? 180 degrees so the wastegate spring/rod thing (sorry im new) is on the back side?