PDA

View Full Version : Questions about JIC titanium Exhaust

Smurfey002
10-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Hey, Its my first thread posting here, so dont hate on my too badly, heh. Well I sold my Turbo'd integra GSR for a RHD kouki S14 and it has some crappy exhaust on there that sounds like........well crap. I am looking into the JIC Ti exhaust and 3" is what i want to get. My questions are is the tip of it angled? b/c i have yet to see a pic of it on a car. Also, i havent read any reviews on the sound of this exhaust. a clip would be perfect, but i doubt there is one. so do the people here who have heard it think its loud? does titanium make exhaust louder than regular exhaust. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Flybert
10-05-2004, 06:54 PM
If it's anything like the RS-R titanium exhaust, it will be LOUD as shit. That exhaust has to be the loudest I have ever heard in my life. Resonates like crazy.

wootwoot
10-05-2004, 07:03 PM
it only has a muffler, it will be loud

skatanic28
10-05-2004, 07:04 PM
what kind of motor does this rhd kouki have?

Smurfey002
10-05-2004, 07:13 PM
http://nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=59346 motor specs.

i may be using some of the completely wrong terminology, but kouki does just mean the 97-98 models, correct? eithor way its a 1997 rhd s14. already has US VIN etc. etc. you'll have to forgive me as i am just now getting into the nissan community. ive driven an acura or honda for a while and wanted to learn about something different so i bought this car. i also needed something slower b/c 1 more ticket and i go to jail. the turbo'd teg was a little too much temptation to me to keep.

http://www.bama.ua.edu/~hanso007/s14.jpg
http://www.bama.ua.edu/~hanso007/s14a.jpg
http://www.bama.ua.edu/~hanso007/s14b.jpg

yes i know the bay is dirty, you dont have to tell me.

Smurfey002
10-05-2004, 07:14 PM
edit: fixed pics

S14DB
10-05-2004, 07:22 PM
I woundered who bought that thing.

Smurfey002
10-05-2004, 07:27 PM
hahaha. yea....well i live in alabama.....but my folks live about 2 hrs from seattle. so they'll keep it there till i have time to fly out and drive it back. it is missing one of the rear valences, so i have those on order, as well as the jdm kouki sides. i figure i'll fix all the things that are fucked up about it and just enjoy the car for what it is. maybe get it repainted and restore the interior a bit. im not lookin to make a 400whp car again.

DJ_Sunrise
10-05-2004, 08:06 PM
howd u get US vins on a jdm car? thought sr was illegal?

~Sunrise

Smurfey002
10-06-2004, 12:16 AM
honestly, i have no idea the process of legalizing jdm cars. www.kansaimotorsports.com is who did it. i suppose they could help you out with any questions that you have. though they are kind of secretive as to what is required and what methods they use, they may not tell you much. they have quite a few rhd jdm cars, including a very nice dc5-r as the owner's daily driver. hes selling it soon for an s15 though. hope that helped.

back to my exhaust question......ok so im looking for eithor full stainless or Ti exhaust that isnt crazy loud and that has an angled canister. and apparently you guys say the jic ti is too loud. thats pretty much the criteria. price doesnt matter too much. but 1K is gettin to me a lil too much. eithor way, any suggestions? ive heard the invidia is loud as well.

Nissandriver714
10-06-2004, 12:54 AM
I got JIC full 3" exhaust on my S13 SR. It's NOT that loud at all. It's less louder than my previous 97 (KA) with intake, Hotshot Headers, and Greddy SP exhaust. It's pretty tolerable. I like it.

lundgren
10-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Is this a good price for an Invidia exhaust?

http://www.groupbuycenter.com/Product.aspx?id=78790

aznpoopy
10-27-2004, 03:12 PM
sounds like they just swapped the VIN plates. do you have inspection in alabama? ur engine will do you in, if they check that is.

fliprayzin240sx
10-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Id say greddy exhaust since most of their exhaust are CARB legal...less than 95 db. Invidia are not bad, least i heard it on my boy's s13. Im running blitz Nurspec and yah stay away from it if you dont like loud. Its bearable with a silencer but defeats the whole purpose of having a 3" cat back with it on.

Red
10-27-2004, 08:10 PM
I got JIC full 3" exhaust on my S13 SR. It's NOT that loud at all. It's less louder than my previous 97 (KA) with intake, Hotshot Headers, and Greddy SP exhaust. It's pretty tolerable. I like it.

Is it the TI?

I have JIC Full Ti on my car... Click on my links to see pics...

With no CAT and no silencer it is quite loud... And yes i'm turbo.

ghostuss
10-28-2004, 08:48 PM
wtf how you drive an RHD car on the street. WOn't the cop get ticked off when they have to go to the "Right" side to talk to you HAHHA. Anyways, get the HKS hi-power exhaust man. It sounds hella nice and quiet. There is a 3" version out there, costs around 500-600. Really nice exhaust.

AenjukuCar
10-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Wow, I wondered about that car, I was interested in it for a while. Now you just need to get rid of that factory plumbing!!

Smurfey002
10-29-2004, 10:11 AM
well i would get the HKS hi power, but i dont think it is fully stainless, correct? as for the us VIN, i highly doubt they switched the plates, especially since the plate says "Assigned Identification Number" on it. There is no 240sx vin plate on this car. Btw, there are no emissions or smog testing or anything like that in alabama, so i dont have to worry about that. i hope that helped.

basically, what i am looking for in an exhaust is a 3", fully stainless exhaust w/ angled tip that sounds nice. I had the 3" thermal R&D on my integra and it sounded sweet.

tastyratz
10-29-2004, 11:42 AM
ive got a 3 in straight through angled exit titanium exhaust by attain. its beautiful and well made i love that thing. it sounds EXTREMELY mean on the freakin ka but ive yet to hear how loud it is with a boosted car since i havent boosted mine yet... it is however what you can get for the loudest type of exhaust with a muffler. My car at idle with that exhaust on a stock header stock cat stock ka24de sounded louder at idle than it did before the thing at like 3000

internetaardvark
01-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Id say greddy exhaust since most of their exhaust are CARB legal...less than 95 db. Invidia are not bad, least i heard it on my boy's s13. Im running blitz Nurspec and yah stay away from it if you dont like loud. Its bearable with a silencer but defeats the whole purpose of having a 3" cat back with it on.

Your neglecting to consider the fact that The greddy ti is a FULL RACE exhaust. IE it doesn't have to be legal anywhere. As far as noise goes there is no such thing as a free flowing quiet exhaust, it just doesn't happen. And any 3 inch exhaust is going to be loud, now if heard right you have an sr so that will help you somewhat since turbos tend to muffle exhaust flow noise. But otherwise if your looking for a free flowing 3 inch exhaust then id say you have a few options;::Sorry I missread your original question thought you were worried about passing inspection, :bow: :: And yeah I've heard tastys exhaust its loud but fing sexy as all hell. Don't expect to find any titanium exhaust for under 700 though its expesive stuff.

Oh if you are actually considering the greddy ti;
hopupracing.com is selling them for like720 with free shipping.

good luck dude.

internetaardvark
02-03-2005, 12:00 AM
well i would get the HKS hi power, but i dont think it is fully stainless, correct? as for the us VIN, i highly doubt they switched the plates, especially since the plate says "Assigned Identification Number" on it. There is no 240sx vin plate on this car. Btw, there are no emissions or smog testing or anything like that in alabama, so i dont have to worry about that. i hope that helped.

Oh actually they didn't swap the vin, they actually had a totally new Vin assigned specifically to your car by the rmv. Thats what they have to do with imported cars, because there arent any us manufacturing records for them. But they still need some way to track it.

nlzmo400r
02-03-2005, 09:03 PM
well just for the record, ive got an apex' single n1 (full stainless 3") and it sounds great, and a friend of mine has hte n1 dual, which also sounds badass (a little bit louder, hoewver he's got a testpipe too)