PDA

View Full Version : Dynoing redtop sr with SAFC2, need help w/ TH POINT setting and more

DORIMON
10-05-2004, 01:00 AM
So I've decided to go and dyno tune in a few days after installing my safc2. I'm very curious about my a/f ratio because I have a feeling I'm running a little rich and would like to get a good ratio. I have the following ETC. settings to be able to get my car to run perfectly fine where the car doesn't stumble when I let off the throttle with the open BOV, but I would like to know what should I set the TH POINT to when I tune? Right now its at the factory initial setting Lo 10%, Hi 50%. I'm really interested in just tuning at WOT, but is there a specific percentage for the TH POINT setting? I couldn't find it anywhere in the manuals or searching on zilvia. For my old supercharged Maxima, I had to set it to Lo 39% Hi 40% to keep the ECU from readjusting the rpm corrections, I'm not sure if its like that with the sr ecu. My setup consists of 370 injectors, t25, stock maf, open HKS SSQV bov, lightened flywheel, blitz lm fmic, Greddy turbo extension, 3" dp, 3" straightpipe, N1 duals, walbro 255 fp, and manual boost controller. I've been looking at the S14 safc sample settings on the apexi site (http://www.apexi.co.jp/products/electronics/super_afc/pdf/S14SAFC.pdf) to get an idea of how thigns work, but I still don't have a clue of what I should set the TH POINT percentages to. Right now in the NE POINT setting, the 12 rpm points are descending from 7400 rpm with 400 rpm increments, as soon as I get my baseline a/f ratio I'll mess around with it, like switch some the points on the rpms around. I'm still trying to do my research, but if anyone could help me out, I'd highly appreciate it. Thanks.