PDA

View Full Version : Ka24de overheating

Cee's S13
10-31-2016, 02:02 PM
Okay so I have bleed the coolant using the coolant screw also with the cap open runs fine for about 2 weeks after that it starts to overheat again. The only new thing I have done to my cooling system is a new reservoir its aluminum it had a pressurized cap on it and still did the same thing some people told me to try to take the cap of and re bleed a run it again. SO I DID. TWO WEEKS LATER BACK HERE AGAIN!

tauntdevil
10-31-2016, 02:28 PM
Remove your thermostat. You dont need it in Texas unless you live where it snows.
Should solve the issue no problem. Also, make sure when bleeding it that you grab the hoses after you tighten the bleeder screw back in. Often times, the bleeder screw isnt the highest point which still allows air in the system.

Double check the sensor as well. Common that they go out (at least out here)

Best of luck.

Cee's S13
10-31-2016, 02:35 PM
Diff will try going with a new coolant setup after swap anyway

jbt_92
10-31-2016, 02:45 PM
I've always jacked up the front of the car. Put the heater on full blast and remove the upper radiator hose. Pour coolant in the engine via the upper hose and reattach. Then while the car is running and still jacked up with the heater on, crack the bleeder screw until you have a steady stream of coolant; no air. This works pretty much every time unless you have something besides an air pocket in the cooling system.

pacotaco345
10-31-2016, 03:36 PM
Remove your thermostat. You dont need it in Texas unless you live where it snows.
Should solve the issue no problem. Also, make sure when bleeding it that you grab the hoses after you tighten the bleeder screw back in. Often times, the bleeder screw isnt the highest point which still allows air in the system.

Double check the sensor as well. Common that they go out (at least out here)

Best of luck.
Please don't do this, it just makes the engine take longer to get up to temp which introduces premature wear.

You're probably leaking coolant from somewhere and after 2 weeks you end up with enough air in the system for it to overheat. Check the weep hole on the water pump, lines under the intake, freezeplugs, rad end tanks, etc...

Cee's S13
10-31-2016, 08:56 PM
If the weep hole is dripping what do I do

91stockcoupe
10-31-2016, 09:06 PM
If the weep hole is dripping what do I do

You change the water pump

justinbyrant
11-01-2016, 05:16 PM
i second a small leak, I had a coolant leak under my intake that was so small the water would evaporate before it hit the ground (cant run coolant on track here) so I could never find the leak, pressurize the cooling system, if it holds pressure use a no spill funnel