PDA

View Full Version : pipe touching steering column

Kuno3x16
10-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Hi... my BOV has a tube at the very bottom going into my dump pipe... my friend said he cutted it off and welded it shut... but what do i do with the opening on the BOV?? that tube is touching my steering rod thingy...

and what the heck is the 2nd picture... where does it go? haha...

thanks =)

97DubTruck
10-02-2004, 08:59 PM
my friend said he cutted it off and welded it shut... that tube is touching my steering rod thingy...

I don't even know what you are trying to say. :confused:

TheSnail
10-02-2004, 09:03 PM
I cant make anything out of your pics. Im guessing it is a recalculating bov for emissions, so you can cut it. I don’t know about welding it shut. The second one is a boost solenoid. Don’t worry about it, just run the extra boost, It will be more fun anyways.

statik
10-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Its hard to make out whats in the first picture, but im _pretty_ sure thats the emissions shit(AIV) and you can get rid of it, the pipe going down into the exhaust needs to be taken out, try LOTS of liquid wrench and let it soak, to close it up, find a bolt that fits or buy one from HT (http://srownersclub.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HT&Product_Code=HTC-AIV) (or you can cut/weld like your friend did).

Correct me if im wrong but i dont think its going to your BOV, i don't have a stock BOV so i cant confirm the location but I think thats the emissions junk and you can just take it all out.

mrmephistopheles
10-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Im guessing it is a recalculating bov for emissions, so you can cut it.

Recirculating.

TheSnail
10-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Recirculating.

LOL, yeah, you know I got an F in American class.

statik
10-02-2004, 10:57 PM
theres an american class?

TheSnail
10-02-2004, 11:07 PM
At my intellect there is.

Steeles
10-03-2004, 09:35 PM
thing in the second picture is boost control solenoid. toss it you dont need it. the first... I cant decipher what your saying or what the pic is ov. try circling what your asking about in the pic....

Kuno3x16
10-04-2004, 10:32 PM
thanks for telling me what that thing was... ahha
as for the first picture...
i circled the hose i'm talking about...
it's a tube going into the BOV... the very last tube... and it connects to the Dump pipe... i know i'm suppose to cut off that pipe on the dump pipe... but what do i do with that opening??

thanks =)

nrg
10-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Get rid of the EGR and AIV crap.
You're talking about the dump pipe/turbo extension. There's a AIV plug on there. You can either cut it off and weld it, or remove it and buy a plug for it from mynismo.com