PDA

View Full Version : Parts Help for Car.

Destructo
10-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Im looking for good suggestion on a couple parts ill be needing.
Some of which i have trouble locating.

front lower control arms - is there any aftermarket brands and what would be a good one. that would be good for abuse

With Sway Bars links - do new one usually come with them when you purchase them. and where would you get just links?

what are the difference between inner and outer tierods and what are some good brands?

thanks for any information if you have on any off these questions guys.

idlafie
10-05-2004, 03:31 AM

front lower control arms - is there any aftermarket brands and what would be a good one. that would be good for abuse

With Sway Bars links - do new one usually come with them when you purchase them. and where would you get just links?

what are the difference between inner and outer tierods and what are some good brands?

Check out Don Nimi's website at www.pdm-racing.com for more info.

You might want to ask them about the front lower control arms for your S14. They might be able to work something out for you. I know they carry them for S13s.

Sway bar links & bushings usually come with the sway bars when you purchase them...it's part of the package.

PDM racing's site carries MOOG Tie rods, (inner & outer). They are pretty good as heavy duty OEM replacements....but if you want to get fancy, you can go with Tanabe, Tein or JIC tie rods...they're a little thicker in diameter than stock...not sure how they compare in diameter thickness to MOOG though.
http://www.jspec.com/jictierod.html
http://www.jspec.com/teins13comti.html
http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1317/2

If you're still not sure, send PDM Racing an email or give them a call. They'll try to help you out as best as they can. Just mention that you heard from them on the Zilvia.Net website....they're familiar with it.

Anyhow, hope this helps...

ID
'95 SE

Var
10-05-2004, 09:18 AM

I think PDM overcharges for things. Why buy stuff from Canada when you can prolly just find it in the states for cheaper. Try www.splparts.com

they have aftermarket control arms, they sell whiteline sway bars, they sell pillow ball endlinke(200 bucks a pair!), they are developing solid tie rod & ends right now. LCA's run about 600 for the front and 800 for the rear and they allow for roll center adjustment. If money wasnt an option, my car would be LOADED with spl parts from their coilovers to every last arm they carry

projectRDM
10-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Cusco makes front LCAs, they list at $839 but if you dig enough you can get them cheaper, I picked up a used set on YahooJP for $290. Cusco and Tanabe swaybars do not include endlinks, something like the SPL or JIC endlinks are a nice upgrade to the OE type if you can spend the money. Whiteline and ST include endlinks and are much cheaper to start with.

You can also try Energy Suspension for replacement bushings in the LCA, they're cheaper than Whiteline and readily available through Courtesy Nissan.