PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump electrical problems...

s13silady
10-02-2004, 11:22 AM
ok... my fuel pump works, because we plugged it into my friends car and it starts up with no problem... but in my car sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.. last night it worked fine after playing around with it a bit... then this morning i was warming up my car and my car just shuts off.. im not blowing any fuses, so its narrowed down to a short in the wiring... does anyone have this problem? and does anyone have the wiring diagram for the fuel pump system? and also if you guys can tell me what to check for that might be causing this problem, it would help me out a lot..

by the way this is for a 90 fastback with a redtop SR..

ive had my SR for a while now and it barely started doing this..

s13driver
10-02-2004, 11:59 AM
maybe ground problem !?

kazuo
10-02-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm having a similar problem.. the ECU is throwing code 43, TPS.

you need to:
- download a FSM
- buy a multimetere or borrow one
- pull codes off the ECU
- check for continuity in various wires and check components to see if they're bad

its either the pump is bad, a short in the wiring, the tps, or something else related to the fuel system (fpr possibly?)

Good luck.

s13silady
10-02-2004, 09:42 PM
i plugged my fuel pump in my friends car, turned on ignition, and the pump started with no hesitation... im going to test the conductivity of my wires.. ill keep your guys posted... more suggestions would help too...thanks...

-ryan

240meowth
10-05-2004, 12:14 PM
gaaa something happened to me today! i turned my car on this morning and it ran fine, just had a weird humming sound in a pattern. I drove it to school, and it'll start, but when i turn it on it turns on for 5 sec and starts to shake like madness w/ rough idle and stalls. I checked for all the vaccume valves and they are good. The thing is, if i press the gas peddle down all the way it stalls, but if i tap on the gas peddle it'll stay alive, and it won't pass 3-4k rev... HELP!!!

shawn_16
10-05-2004, 08:30 PM
same problem
check your ground

97SilviaRB
10-05-2004, 09:41 PM
My car is doing the same thing you mentioned above but only when it has not been running. When i first crank it cold, it will start up and idle like a dream. About 10 seconds later, the idle will start to fall slow at first and then really fast until the motor is struggling to keep itself alive. If I rev it, it will die pretty much. What I have been doing is before it has a chance to stall out or even begin to let the rpm's drop, I tap the gas really quick a few times and for some reason it will make the idle fine again...When i do this, the fuel pump gets really loud after almost like it wasnt getting enough power or something. The car will run like normal from then on...kinda weird lol.
BTW this all started after I put a Z32 maf on my car so I was pretty much thinking that it was causing this problem....maybe I am wrong

nrg
10-06-2004, 12:19 AM
It's your MAF. Dirty? Wiring?