PDA

View Full Version : nistune issue

TTVERT
10-13-2016, 11:23 AM
Hey guys,

Had a working ecu, installed a nistune daughterboard and now the fan comes on and the Nistune program can't even connect to the ECU.

Opened up the ecu to inspect and found these two touching. Just to confirm my suspicions, the two green pieces should not be touching correct ?

Thank you

Crazyced
10-13-2016, 12:43 PM
You'll probably have much more luck on the nistune forum.

TTVERT
10-13-2016, 12:47 PM
You'll probably have much more luck on the nistune forum.

Thank you, i figured some of the z32 guys would know if the two pieces should be touching or not as that would be my issue :)

Thank you

Crazyced
10-13-2016, 01:00 PM
Thank you, i figured some of the z32 guys would know if the two pieces should be touching or not as that would be my issue :)

Thank you
Those are covered in insulation I believe so it shouldn't be a problem. But Matt is very good at answering questions over on the nistune forums.

TTVERT
10-13-2016, 01:02 PM
Those are covered in insulation I believe so it shouldn't be a problem. But Matt is very good at answering questions over on the nistune forums.

I'll get in touch with them.
Thanks a lot !

dbeiler
10-13-2016, 06:19 PM
You're talking about the two capacitors labeled C52(x), correct? Yeah, they're blown. You need to figure out where they picked up the current spike or they'll keep blowing. You can grab some replacement capacitors off a donor ECU and repair it.

dbeiler
10-13-2016, 06:24 PM
All the caps and transistors appear to be smashed flat against the board. Was it dropped out of an airplane? I wouldn't trust any of those connections anymore. Throw it out the airplane window again and find another one.