PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Nissan 240sx Not starting at all

Mistaheric
09-29-2016, 04:40 AM
Hi, i recently purchased a non running 240sx. It has a ka24de motor. The guy said the only thing wrong with is the Aacv valve and i had to bleed the clutch. Well the guy had the parts just never had time to do it. So i bought it off him and just making it my daily/drift project car. Well me and my friends tried replacing the aacv with the new one but it didnt seem to fit fit. Guess it wasnt for the motor. Or something. Well the battery was dead. So we tried jump starting it. The guy didnt have the terminals on right. So negative was red and positive was just a rusty terminal. Well just to see if it was just the battery and such, we got my friends battery and thought we put it in right. So when we tried it sparked could we have messed it up badly?. Also got the correct battery. Bought new terminals and put right colors on the right ones. So we tried it with the aacv valve replaced still didnt work. So we think it could be the main fuse or the harness its self. Any ideas? And for some reason when we bleed the clutch. The clutch still isnt fully out. It has wayy to much dead space. The guy said just keep bleeding the clutch. But its not coming up all the way. Any ideas guys? Only thing that turns on is the front lights.

Dirk Jan
09-29-2016, 04:49 AM
Have you checked the main fuse? That's supposed to be the first thing to blow when you cross connect the battery terminals. It's quite easy to see if it's broken. If I remember correctly it's in the main fuse box under the bonnet on the passenger side of the car.

Mistaheric
09-29-2016, 05:46 AM
Not yet i plan on checking that out today, Any ideas where i can get new fuses? Will i have to order them?

jiverogers
09-29-2016, 06:23 AM
Easiest to just go to a junk yard a pull a bunch of the fuses out they come in a bunch of nissans and infinitis

jedi03
09-29-2016, 07:39 AM
autozone...