PDA

View Full Version : SR problems

ibanezxguy
09-30-2004, 01:28 PM
I know i probably brought these problems on my car my self but, id like to fix it. I searched for my smoke problem and its probably just the turbo. But my story goes like this.
I was showing my friend my car, took him for a ride. Acclerated pretty quickly, when i shifted from 1st to 2nd i heard a loud clunk noise. I drove it around and felt a power loss but the turbo still spooled okay i think. But it wont catch second anymore. The next day i drove around and noticed white smoke coming from the exhaust. It is only doing it every now and then. So im guess the turbo seals are just going out. (I did just put an exhaust manifold, taka lines, and 3in exhaust from the elbow out.) But its also harder to put into any gear. Im thinking the "TO" bearing is going bad. It still wont catch second like it used to either? Anybody else expreinced this problem? Ive already had to spend about a month trying to fix what the shop did when they put the motor in.

90sr
09-30-2004, 01:46 PM
make sure u put a full 2 and half quarts of tranny fluid in, and flush out watever was left in there if u didnt already, thats all i can think of why it wouldnt be going into gear smoothly unelss ur linkages and or syncros are off, as far as the smoke, check ur turbo seals and gasket turbo to elbow, if its not pulling like it usually would ur turbos probly gone, time for t28 upgrade haha.. hope this helps.

chris

ibanezxguy
09-30-2004, 03:57 PM
It only smokes if i idle for a little while? Is that still turbo problems?

90sr
09-30-2004, 06:07 PM
how long ago did u get your exhaust and elbow, downpipe, test pipe all put on, cuz if it wasnt long ago it could all need to still be carbonated, means it will smoke a little, i had custom 2 1/2 all the way back n my high flow cat put on and it smoked at idle a little bit for a few days then it stopped after it was all carbonated. soo that cold be it too, if not might be your turbo seals like i said.

chris