PDA

View Full Version : Sr20 fuel injector seals, the ones on the intake manifold

justinbyrant
09-09-2016, 09:16 AM
So I narrowed down my vacuum leak to my injector seals, I have tried searching but all I can come up with is people complaining about the injectors themselves leaking not the rail leaking, just to be clear these are the big thick washer looking o rings that go on the outside of the rail and sit inside the intake manifold, does anyone make any better quality, thicker, or better material rings to replace the stock ones with?

KAT-PWR
09-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Frsport
Injector cushion rings

justinbyrant
09-09-2016, 09:36 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of wanting to know if like the vg30de rings were thicker and seal better or rb25 ones or something or if anyone makes aftermarket ones, I can buy the factory ones from the parts store next door to my work on my account for cheap but they only cost a couple bucks, if I can upgrade I want to lol

Juan@Fontananissan
09-09-2016, 09:43 AM
there is no upgrade, SR20DET and KA24DE use the same exact ones. we have them in stock. RB25 & VG30 are different size all together and will not work. if you'd like to upgrade & have access to a lathe it would be really easy to make some aluminum plugs with o-ring provisions.

-Juan

justinbyrant
09-09-2016, 09:53 AM
^Perfect answer, thank you lol, I will just run next door and grab some they have them in stock to, thank you gentlemen

KAT-PWR
09-09-2016, 10:00 AM
It is a poor design imo. Converting to top feed with injector seats. (Faction MotorSports sells them) is better for performance.

justinbyrant
09-09-2016, 10:02 AM
It is a poor design imo. Converting to top feed with injector seats. (Faction MotorSports sells them) is better for performance.

I have a greddy manifold so its even worse because im missing one of the tabs to hold it down anyways, I think im gonna make a turn buckle style bracket or 2 and both them to the block through the runners to allow me to adjust tension on it, I would go top mount but cant really afford to buy all new injectors just yet

TheRealSy90
09-11-2016, 11:50 AM
It's fine without the one mounting provision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk