PDA

View Full Version : Stock 92 KA, no ground pulse to injectors from ECM

abused240
09-05-2016, 12:53 PM
I have everything I need for the engine to run, EXCEPT PULSED GROUND FROM THE ECM TO FIRE THE INJECTORS. Power to the injectors is good, no ground on any when cranking, checked with a noid light and LED test light, and meter, THERE IS NO GROUND SIGNAL. When turning the engine over, I have spark, the fuel pump runs, I have fuel going to the injectors, only way i can get the engine to run by spraying ether into the throttle body.
I have checked wiring continuity to all injectors from the ECM - all ok. I have checked all my ground locations in the engine bay - all ok.(There is actually a brand new engine harness that came with the vehicle - correct one for the car). All my ECM grounds are good. I have tried a known good distributor - no change. I haven't been able to get my hands on another ECM to try, but from the research I've done, most the time all 4 injector drivers wouldn't fail at the same time.
Now here are a few things I think are irrelevant, but Ill put them out there. The harness for the trans and starter/alternator is not correct(I believe its a harness for the auto and the new engine wiring harness is for a manual?), Im having to turn the key on, then jump power to the starter exciter wire to get it to turn over (Like i said, i don't want to buy a new harness for it now if the engine is no good) The mass air is not hooked up, the harness is made for a Z32 maf, the one on it is a factory maf (again, it should run without the maf hooked up).
I'm out of ideas here on this one, I'm a VW technician by trade and I've owned a few s13 and s14 in the past, so Im familiar with them. But this has me stumped.