PDA

View Full Version : another sr20 nissan quest alt thread

justinbyrant
08-02-2016, 12:26 PM
before anyone tries getting all uppity, I have looked, maybe not all that well but it seems as though no one makes brackets for the quest alternator conversion anymore and I haven't found anyone who has managed to swap them successfully without the brackets

now the question here is if anyone has done it and how, I know with kas there are numerous ways to do it most of which include grinding and modifying brackets however from personal experience I know that running single cam alt brackets and a single cam water neck and everything bolts on with a quest alternator like its meant to be, any way to do anything like that with an sr block and single or dual cam ka brackets or any other engine brackets? nx digital cluster, Altima fans, digital boost controller, stereo system, and multiple gauges and my stock alt just cant keep up, even brand new it just doesn't supply the juice

blackmags91
08-02-2016, 01:15 PM
I bought a Quest alternator bracket for an sr20 from CodyAce about 6 months ago..

cotbu
08-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Even if you suck at searching, you should have come across code aces bracket design. It's a turnbuckle with spherical bearings design. Easy to make yourself if so inclined.

We just don't have the ability to come up with solutions anymore. Someone has to do it for us and then prove it's functionality. It's sad, that you even have to mention you searched.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

justinbyrant
08-02-2016, 03:21 PM
I came across his designs early on in my searching im looking for a stock style solution I have more than enough hardware and materials to make my own setup that's not what im looking for, there were numerous people other than cody who made brackets that looked factory and worked like the stock setup I cannot find any of those set ups anymore however, If I have to I will make my own brackets as close to the factory design as I can get them however as I stated that's not what im looking for, im looking for parts from a usdm sr20 or a ka or vg30 or whatever that will bolt on and make the alternator fit like factory