PDA

View Full Version : Newb PFC d-jetro Questions about MAP Calibrating

speedfiend
07-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Hey guys I just recently got my S14 SR back together and got all the wiring and such hooked up. Im running the PFC D-jetro with a GM 3bar map sensor. I have initialized the ecu as I bought it used and had no idea what the original map was on it so I cleared it to start from scratch. I am only trying to get the car running and driveable under no boost in order to make sure all is well before I take it to the tuner. This way im not wasting the tuners time trying to chase problems and he can focus solely on tuning.

The problem is when I go to start the car it starts for a split second then dies. It will not hold idle at all. I can only assume this is because I have not set the calibration for the MAP sensor. ( I had the car running just fine on a previous l-jetro setup so the only things that have changed are the addition of the MAP and IAT sensors and different ecu).

I have FC Datalogit with the latest version of the software on my laptop. I have searched through all the settings menus and cannot find where to input the PIM scale/offset values for the 3bar MAP. From my research there should be a section under settings 3 where these MAP values should be entered. On my settings 3 menu I dont have anything that says PIM offset/scale. Instead I have a section titled AIRFLOW with the different MAFS sensors that can be run. Now I know I have a true D-jetro ecu as I have confirmed the serial number with APEXI.

Is there a setting somewhere that Im missing that I need to turn on or off in order to bring up this PIM scale/offset table? Im almost positive that the map is wired correctly, but if it weren't, the FC Datalogit should still display that PIM table correct? I have the correct scale/offset values for my MAP sensor just cant figure out how to input them!

Sorry for such a long post but just wanted to fully detail my issue and see if someone doesn't mind helping a COMPLETE PFC NEWBIE.
Thanx, Cameron

Mitsubayati
07-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Have you touched fuel or ignition tables and adjusted your injector scaling for bigger injectors?

speedfiend
07-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Havent touched any of the fuel or ignition tables. Like I said I re-initialized the ecu and am trying to go through the idle learn process, then I will calibrate the mechanical timing with the pfc and then load the map that I was sent from Steve @ ShadowWorks.

As for the injector settings, yes. I have Nismo 740cc's which I set to 50% duty and -.04 latency per Steve @ ShadowWorks.

speedfiend
07-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Anybody have any ideas????? Ive emailed FCDatalogit tech support but haven't heard back yet. Some of you tuning gurus Im sure have run into this or can point me in the right direction.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanx, Cameron

Kingtal0n
07-07-2016, 06:09 PM
If you have a map PFC (not a MAF version) You should be able to experimentally determine the voltage vs pressure settings, or find them online, then plug those values in the PFC.

for example, my random map sensor from a bin sends 2.2volts at 0psi, this is its calibration/startup value (it senses current atm pressure and values this as 2.2volts). It then reads 3.5volts by 15psi and 4.899 volts by 30psi.
most fuel maps will need about 1ms of injector on time, for 450-850cc size injectors, in the idle region to idle the engine for a initial startup. Make sure you setup injector delay "lag time" as this contributes to the on-time.

when you start the engine, you should be logging with the data-logit in the fuel map, or examining the pfc commander "MAP WATCH". The little box will move when the MAP sensor and ENGINE rpm changes, if it does not, that is a clue that the map/maf sensor is not properly being detected and utilized.

speedfiend
07-07-2016, 06:37 PM
Thanx for the info Kingtalon. Im gonna check into that this weekend and see it is being detected like you said. The main issue Im having is finding where to plug those values in at? Im not seeing any table titled "PIM value" or anything of the sort.

Would not having the calibration set right off the bat for the MAP sensor cause the car to start and immediately die? I would assume so since the MAP could be sending incorrect signal to the ecu which would alter the fuel and ign curves. Am I thinking in the right direction?

Sorry but tuning is something Im extremely weak on. Just want the car up and running before I take it to the tuner and have it strapped to the dyno burning dollars lol.

Cameron

Kingtal0n
07-07-2016, 10:13 PM
http://www.rx7club.com/canadian-forum-42/gm-3-bar-map-sensor-power-fc-settings-1046379/

http://www.rx7club.com/power-fc-forum-47/3-bar-map-install-help-780045/

http://forums.nicoclub.com/gm-3-bar-map-sensor-to-log-on-power-fc-datalogit-t563550.html

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=155001

Its under 'settings3' in the data-logit. If you do not see it, you have the wrong base map loaded or the wrong computer. Load other base maps till you see one that has a tab called 'base map'. If you do not see a 'base map' tab it is the wrong file/computer.

speedfiend
07-08-2016, 04:39 AM
Exactly the info that I was looking for! I already called APEXI and verified that I have the correct ECU based off the serial number, so the base map deal has to be what Im missing. I did re-initialize the PFC since I bought it second hand and didn't have any idea what MAP was loaded on it. I know I don't have an actual "Base Map" tab so that is probably my issue.
Thanx again and thanx for the links as well.
Cameron

RB25GUY
07-08-2016, 05:45 AM
well to be honest you have to re scale for the GM map sensor since the base map is for a denso MAP sensor

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=155001

Kingtal0n
07-08-2016, 03:03 PM
the best way is just to test the sensor manually and make a graph voltage vs pressure because every sensor has some wander, no two are identical perfectly.

speedfiend
07-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Thanx a lot for all the info guys. Looks like im gonna be hard at work with all this tomorrow. Im gonna test the sensor and make a table like you mentioned and input the values I get once I load a "base map" that has the fields for me to enter them into. Ill let you guys know how it turns out and if I run into any other issues.
Thanx, Cameron