PDA

View Full Version : leaking injector

gbeto
09-25-2004, 02:02 AM
Man, my 240 is getting some code errors, 45 and 23..... and my cuestion is
I`m a SOHC guy, and I was wondering if I just take the gas rail out, take the injectors aout to see if there is any problem with them, can I put them back again with out any gaskets or problem? and whats the cheapest way to get new injectors... sorry guys, I know those are dump cuestios but they dont hurt...

kingsol
09-25-2004, 02:12 AM
your questions = :smash: ... they do hurt. please search.

indy240
09-25-2004, 08:24 PM
I took my injectors off to see if they were clogged, and put them back on w/ no problems w/ leaking or anything, you should be alright

JDMark
09-26-2004, 02:09 AM
be careful on the further back fuel rail bolt, if you just use an extension on your wrench the BPT brackets get in the way and youll be working with the bolt at a wierd angle, eventually stripping it. its kind of hard to find a tool that will fit perfectly in front of the bracket. only once shouldnt hurt though.
to answer your cuestion ( :naughty: ) tho:

you might want to change the gaskets anyway as there 15 years old, there really cheap and easy to find/install.

this was one of the first things i ever did to my car, just make sure to relieve fuel pressure and then just go for it

-mark

gbeto
09-26-2004, 02:21 AM
I was reading that a leaking injector its not only that its actualy leaking, but some gasket/wire/or seal aint right... if that is right... does anybody have a actual picture or idea of how a bad injector might look like, or syntoms... cus my car runs fine and idle good but still says leaking injector..

thanks for the tip... I`ll replace those just to see if that is the prob...

sr240mike
09-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Did you try checking the resistance of the injectors with a multi meter? How do your spark plugs look?