PDA

View Full Version : 89 240sx misfiring and stalling

Slinky5948
06-21-2016, 08:26 AM
I have an 89 240sx with a stock engine, I recently started it up and let it warm up for about 10 minutes before heading to work. About a half a mile down the road it starting misfiring what seemed on about every cylinder, when I started to come to a stop is starting jerking real bad and just died. I attempted to start it again with no luck. I messed with the plug wires a bit and gave it a few minutes. After cranking several times I was able to start it but the entire way back to the house it was running extremely terrible, like a constant misfire. I replaced the plugs the next day and it did the exact same thing. I haven't changed anything else yet, I was thinking wires next cause it's easy and inexpensive but I don't feel like that is the problem. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated before I start digging real deep and buying parts.

relaxamigo
07-14-2016, 01:55 PM
Whenever I have a problem with my car like this, I don't waste any time and immediately read the codes on the ECU. It will cut your diagnostic time in half, then go from there.

Google "KA24 ecu code diagnostics."

There's a great guide on how to do that.

andisan
07-15-2016, 01:57 AM
Check injectors, check spark plugs

kruked
07-15-2016, 07:44 AM
Sounds like it's spark related to me.
Check ECU for codes anyways and then report back.

Karlhammer
07-19-2016, 12:05 PM
Plugs will misfire after they hear up if they are bad. Or if a plug wire. Remember resistance goes up with heat. Try cleaning out the maf also if your car has one