PDA

View Full Version : whole rear set up.

Brolewigi
09-24-2004, 07:15 AM
I've seen pictures of people that get a hold of a new whole new rear structure. It has the rear lower control arms, traction rods, You can put your Rear end (diff) in there and it has like other stuff in it. I've seen it on Tuner transformation when they did that Sr swap on that S13. Does anyone know where you can get these. Also, Ive seen Energy suspension full bushing kit for the 240sx, However, I can never find this anywhere. Thanks for the help!

projectRDM
09-24-2004, 11:32 AM
JUN makes a rear subframe, but it does not include any additional parts.

And common sense would tell you that www.energysuspension.com might be a good place to start for bushings.

mbmbmb23
09-24-2004, 02:31 PM
I've seen pictures of people that get a hold of a new whole new rear structure. It has the rear lower control arms, traction rods, You can put your Rear end (diff) in there and it has like other stuff in it. I've seen it on Tuner transformation when they did that Sr swap on that S13. Does anyone know where you can get these. Also, Ive seen Energy suspension full bushing kit for the 240sx, However, I can never find this anywhere. Thanks for the help!

You could have an importer source you an S15 rear subframe (like Dousan) and swap it on there. Supposidly its beefier and bolts up. Personally I would source an entire subframe from a junkyard and just take time building it up with replacement bushings....then swap that on there.

-m

AKADriver
09-24-2004, 03:35 PM
The S15 subframe is not a direct fit! It's a nice piece but it doesn't just bolt on.

I've seen some JDM S13 subframes sold here and there. Seems like high shipping cost when you could just buy the parts you want separately (the diff and maybe axles). If you do want a fresh subframe for a bushing swap, just get a 240SX subframe from a junkyard.

Courtesy Nissan carries the energy suspension kit for the S13.

projectRDM
09-24-2004, 03:53 PM
S15 is a direct fit for an S14, but both are wider than an S13, requiring work to make it fit.

Dousan_PG
09-24-2004, 04:15 PM
s13? nah its direct fit
with some muscle
wont slip on like stock but it wont require HEAVY modification just a bit

not recommended if you dont have a liftor some real muscle haha.its not easy!

i was told a few times s15 wont fit s14? wtf. i would have kept mine no worries, its about same. because s14 wont fit s13..so if s15 fits s13, how can it fit s14 too???

Brian
09-24-2004, 04:26 PM
easy answer?
subframe's are stupid.

i don't understand why s15 subframe wouldn't fit a s14, because, s14 and s15 have A LOT more in common than s13 and s15.
stupid Nissan.

where are them funbags eh?

JDMark
09-24-2004, 04:33 PM
can i ask why you want the whole setup? it would probably be easier to just get the parts one by one. usually people only get the whole rear setups when theyre shipped with VLSDs from japan or if theres is bent.

ill have a subframe with all arms for sale in october if youd still want it. no diff or sway bar tho.

-mark