PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET Redtop Rebuild!

MurderedS13
06-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Ok fellas so not too long ago i purchased an s13 hatch with a redtop sr20. First issue I had with the car was driving it home from the dudes house, the oil return line was old,dry and cracked and leaked all over the undercarriage. I decided to do a compression check because i was going to just up the boost, injectors, maf and turbo and boost the living crap out of it. Well that didnt happen. Cyl 1 was at 110 and cyl 2-4 were at 115. Buddy of mine lent me his borescope and sure enough cylinder 1 seemed to have a shadow(melted area). I was gonna pull out the whole motor but decided to just remove the cylinder head and see if for sure it was a melted piston, sure enough it was lol im getting ready to send it to a buddy's machine shop to get checked and honed if needed then he will tell me all the proper size pistons, bearings,etc., to purchase. The purpose of this thread is to ask what you guys would suggest would be the best bang for my buck to hit about 500 hp? I will be purchasing forged pistons and h beam rods, arp hardwared, not sure on the head gasket brand or thickness?, turbo, injectors,maf, fpr, greddy knockoff intake mani, clutch kit and definitely upgrade brakes. Any help would GREATLY be appreciated but please keep all the negativity to yourself. Thanks fellas!!!! :2f2f: