PDA

View Full Version : s13 New oil pump 0 oil pressure

ZaK687
06-01-2016, 02:33 PM
So I've been having issues with oil pressure and I've torn my car apart a bunch of times before i resorted to posting a new thread. I just got a brand new oil pump on KA24DET and i sealed it up nicely, made sure the little o ring was there and i primed the pump with everything unplugged till i got pressure on both my gauges ( 5psi~ electric in the car and manual sitting under the hood).

upon starting the car the pressure fluctuated a bit and then around 20 psi, went up to 40 then dropped to 15 pretty quickly but I let it ride to see if it would change. in this time i found no leaks and my oil level was high so no worries there. after adjusting my timing i took it down the street and back (less than half a mile) and by the time i was pulling into my garage again I had 0 psi on both gauges.

My oil pan was dented at some point but i managed to press it back out and my oil pressure was fine after that . This is a very recent problem that i have gotten and I can't figure it out so I now turn to the good people of Zilvia.

A few details about my s13:
KA24DET
8.5:1 supertech pistons
stock rods
metal headgasket
twisted motion t25/28 hybrid turbo (was provided with a banjo fitting for the turbo feed when i bought it brand new so I'm assuming thats not the issue)
Engine was rebuilt by myself earlier this year and I've put less than 200 miles on it since.

Ive also changed the pickup tube in fear that it may have deformed from the oil pan being dented.

greenwood
06-01-2016, 03:10 PM
how are the bearings on your bottom end. Too much space can cause drop in pressure.

what viscosity oil

what gauge is reading this, is it faulty, have you tried another

are you certain you installed the pump properly

ZaK687
06-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Bearings I have not checked, if I drop the crossmember again then I will check. Using 10W30 I have a pro sport inside and eqous under the hood. I'm certain that it's not the gauges and yes I'm very certain that the pump is installed correctly and I had pressure right up until I pulled it around the block.

Mitsubayati
06-01-2016, 03:26 PM
chances are when you dented the pan you damaged the pickup. If you pull the pan again, I would just replace the pick up for good measure.

ZaK687
06-01-2016, 03:46 PM
chances are when you dented the pan you damaged the pickup. If you pull the pan again, I would just replace the pick up for good measure.

That's what I figured so I changed the pick up along with the pump, no luck ><

ZaK687
06-01-2016, 07:56 PM
Update, my buddy owns a shop with better tools and I'm getting another oil pump (for free from the place I got this one) gonna ask him to take a look at the bearings and I'll give you guys an update when we find something. If anyone else has ideas please throw them out there.

jedi03
06-02-2016, 05:53 AM
So pump creates flow...there are restrictors that create pressure...looks around the oiling system to make sure nothing came loose or pump isn't losing flow

Karlhammer
06-02-2016, 11:45 AM
+1 for checking bearings.

ZaK687
06-11-2016, 12:39 PM
So guys It was not the bearings, turns out my crank pulley fractured right by the woodruff key and busted up my pump. Got a new pulley and got a new pump for free and I've got full oil pressure again. Thank you everyone!