PDA

View Full Version : S13 ka24det w/ cd009

mikeys13
05-27-2016, 07:09 PM
what's up everyone!

Alright so I'm having a small problem and cannot find much info on this. As above I've got a s13 ka-t w/ cd009 maverick swap kit. It runs drives and blah etc. But the slave cylinder piston popped out the bore on the slave and pissed All the fluid out. So now my problem is the fork/ slave cylinder set up.
My cd009 already had the cast fork with short pivot ball. Theres too much play in the fork/slave set up. I don't start engaging the clutch until like 3" or so above the floor. and that's with the clutch pedal rod maxed out for adjustment. I need help from ppl who've accomplish or know about this problem. Please help!

mikeys13
05-27-2016, 07:13 PM
https://youtu.be/-J-z5Dg_bNQ

Here's a link to help see me issue. :/

KAT-PWR
05-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Have you contacted Maverick ?

mikeys13
05-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Yes I'm currently waiting on a reply but I thought posting here might save me from waiting until monday for his reply. Import face off is in a week so I'm trying to make there.

Busta
05-28-2016, 04:20 AM
Yes I'm currently waiting on a reply but I thought posting here might save me from waiting until monday for his reply. Import face off is in a week so I'm trying to make there.

So here is the deal. Ive helped setup other cd tranny swaps and Ive been through this with my setup. Your problem comes from the clutch carrier bearing beiing to short. Nissan Makes them in many sizes iirc from like 16mm to 30mm length (the distance from where the fork contacts against to where the bearing sits). Having it like 6mm longer will bring your forks slave end closer to the slave itself. This will allow more room(travel) behind the fork before it hits the backside of the bellhousings fork cutout. Easy enough but this unfortunately involves dropping the tranny. I had 18mm at first now it's #1 with a 24mm(on sr)

Simplier said you need something thicker between the clutch and the fork so it contacts it before your at end of travel and buildup hydraulic pressure on the slave

Now another option would be you make a slip on extension for the slaves piston to end up about 5/16 to 3/8 longer than you are now. I took a 3/8 bolt drilled it center the size of the piston,cut it the right length, popped that in the drill press and filled the end bullet shape with a round nose. This will solve the over extension problem you encountered. Hope this helps you out

Busta
05-28-2016, 04:38 AM
Also important is if you have a single or dual clutch; I needed a shorter carrier since I got a dual clutch but singles should require a tad longer. Initially I overextended the slave must of been really close but never got to the point where I popped the piston out the slave meaning in your case maybe add 1/8 lenght to that piston extender. Shaving of the bellhousing also helps but you guys using an adapter plate cancels out the material removal gain you obtain by machining

rawgarage
05-28-2016, 06:29 AM
Damn he just dropped knowledge

mikeys13
05-28-2016, 06:47 AM
So here is the deal. Ive helped setup other cd tranny swaps and Ive been through this with my setup. Your problem comes from the clutch carrier bearing beiing to short. Nissan Makes them in many sizes iirc from like 16mm to 30mm length (the distance from where the fork contacts against to where the bearing sits). Having it like 6mm longer will bring your forks slave end closer to the slave itself. This will allow more room(travel) behind the fork before it hits the backside of the bellhousings fork cutout. Easy enough but this unfortunately involves dropping the tranny. I had 18mm at first now it's #1 with a 24mm(on sr)

Simplier said you need something thicker between the clutch and the fork so it contacts it before your at end of travel and buildup hydraulic pressure on the slave

Now another option would be you make a slip on extension for the slaves piston to end up about 5/16 to 3/8 longer than you are now. I took a 3/8 bolt drilled it center the size of the piston,cut it the right length, popped that in the drill press and filled the end bullet shape with a round nose. This will solve the over extension problem you encountered. Hope this helps you out

Alright so I need an sr20 carrier? I used the z33 bearing carrier with ka bearing for the competition white bunny clutch. His first reply a couple days ago he asked me if I used an sr20 carrier and bearing . I said no becausr that wasnt on the parts needed for the swap. And I've also found a rod slightly longer around 3/16" or so than the original z33 slave.

Also thanks for the help because this is the best I've received so far!

brndck
05-28-2016, 09:23 AM
juan (bardabe) already went through and listed all the different carrier bearing sizes. lemme see if i can find the link

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=622595

tons of useful info in here.

mikeys13
05-28-2016, 06:19 PM
juan (bardabe) already went through and listed all the different carrier bearing sizes. lemme see if i can find the link

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=622595

tons of useful info in here.

Duuuuuude!!! Omg that's exactly what I needed! Thanks so much!