PDA

View Full Version : S14 KA24DE swap help! No power to ecu

Holdmydrift
05-24-2016, 05:41 PM
Hey guys I've been on these forums for years but I finally decided to actually "join"....anyways I'm this close 👌🏾 to just selling this P.O.S I can't figure what's wrong with it.

93 240sx hatch 5speed

Okay originally this had a redtop SR in it which I swapped and wired it in myself but then years later I blew it up (what a surprise:hsdance:) and now I threw in an s14 KA and followed the whole guide of doing the s14 KA into s13 chassis like s13 engine harness, s13 dizzy, s13 intake/exhaust mani, s13 ecu etc etc

The problem I'm having and I can't seem to figure it out to save my life; the ecu is not turning on at all, the red led doesn't come on with the key on, doesn't crank, fuel pump doesn't prime and of course there's no spark. CEL doesn't turn on either, there's 3 random connectors that are not plugged in coming out of the body harness kinda close to the fuse box in the engine compartment, I have no idea where they would go, like stated below I've tried 2 different harnesses and neither of them had a connector that plugs into any of these mystery plugs

I've checked and very thoroughly the following

• checked all the fuses and relays (I jumped each relay individually and they all clicked when applied +/- , I checked the Ohms of each relay and they were all within spec (thanks FSM) and pulled each fuse individually also and they were good.

• triple checked every connectors in the bay just to see if they were loose or corroded

• have tried 3 different ECUs so far, one s14 and 2 s13

•jumped the EGI pump relay to see if the ecu turns on and nothing happened

• checked power wires/ ground wires at the brown plug next to the ecu and the brown plug in the bay and they were good, 12v were needed and ground were needed.

• checked ignition switch and is good, 12v coming out of the wires and is actually new I replaced it about year ago

• checked all the grounds and connected all the grounds from the engine harness and from the sub harness, even made new grounds for the hell of it

• I've tried 2 harnesses so far, s13 one and a s14 one both 5 speed if it matters and no progress

I ran into a wall with this easy ass swap, I don't know what else could it be anymore PLEASE HELP

Another weird thing, I plugged in my SR ecu in with the KA harness for the hell of it and the ECU led actually lit up and the CEL came on as well but no start of course but just found it weird

And sorry I know it's really really long but I tried ruling most of it out in one shot to keep this thread short