PDA

View Full Version : No IACV Sr20det

Splintercellsz
05-21-2016, 05:40 AM
I've looked all over and couldn't find a solid answer.

If I unplug the IACV, the car runs prefect; but plugged in, it dies, idles rough, runs lean, etc.
Am I able to leave it unplugged until I can purchase another IACV, or is running without it hooked up detrimental to the engine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Primo's Silvia
05-21-2016, 07:22 AM
Sounds like a short maybe causing the valve to close, or something tricking the ecu

Splintercellsz
05-21-2016, 07:38 AM
Sounds like a short maybe causing the valve to close, or something tricking the ecu
That's what we thought into we looked at it. The adjust screw was fully backed out, and than stripped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Black240Ct
05-21-2016, 08:04 AM
blocking it off or not running it wont hurt the engine, just have the potential to have a rough start when cold, i deleted mine on my sr

Primo's Silvia
05-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Sounds like the valve is done for usually when they are backed out all the way, is when it's failing, just get another one

anti tyler
05-21-2016, 03:47 PM
I'm not too keen on the SR engine, however it seems like more of a headache to attempt to run any vehicle without the IACV on.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/running-w-o-idle-air-control-valve-t527812.html

Kingtal0n
05-21-2016, 07:54 PM
just find another used one with a good screw, clean it REALLY WELL, soak that sucker in degreaser and brake cleaner and scrub the insides out until it looks new,

Then bolt it on and re-diagnose. The engine should not run lean when the IACV is there, closed OR open, so that doesnt make any sense at all. It sounds like the air source for the IACV is not hooked into the intercooler plumbing. You have to pass air from the intercooler -> IACV -> engine. You cant just let it suck from the air. The engine has a MAF sensor, so all air MUST pass through the MAF before it gets into the engine. Picture please?