PDA

View Full Version : Major Timing Issue

BoroBoroS13
09-22-2004, 12:37 AM
My coupe has this major timing issue that we just cant figure out and I need some ideas on what it could be. First thing we did was check the timing, it showed -2deg, then we turned the distributor all the way and the highest we could get out of it was 10deg. At 10deg the motor was rocking pretty bad. We checked the spark plug wires, distributor, spark plugs, water temp sensor, and just about everything else that could mess with the timing and no dice.

aznpoopy
09-22-2004, 07:02 AM
you need to take out the actual distributor and put it back in a bit more advanced.

BoroBoroS13
09-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Yea, I pulled the distributor out and tired this with no luck... Any other ideas? I fear that the timing chain wasnt installed right cause it is a rebuilt KA...

aznpoopy
09-22-2004, 10:30 AM
what happened when you put it back in? the timing has to change... it's impossible for it not to. if it its still stuck in that range you accidentally put it back in the way you took it out. keep in mind the 'spin' when you insert the distributor. try advancing it a few more teeth and see what happens.

its alot easier then redoing the timing chain anyway... i hope thats your problem... :X

indy240
09-22-2004, 11:21 PM
e or de, if it's an e i can probably help you, let me know what ya got and i'll try to help you

BoroBoroS13
09-23-2004, 12:58 AM
Its an E and im gonna play with the distributor some more tomorow