PDA

View Full Version : how do i remove my injector

mr1320
09-21-2004, 11:51 AM
i have a stock '93 s240sx and need to remove #3 cylinder injector from the fuel rail. i took off the two phillips head screws from the aluminum cap covering the injector. when i pull on it, it doesnt come out. am i doing it right.

any input is greatly appreciated.

morris

bobafett
09-21-2004, 11:56 AM
when i removed mine the first thing i did was remove the two bolts keeping the fuel pressure regulator attached to the intake manifold. then there are two more bolts holding the fuel rail on there.

remove those two bolts, and be careful, it wont want to come straight off, but try not to get too much of an angle. then your injector will just wiggle out of the fuel rail, but it should come out of the intake when you lift of the rail.

good luck. after changing seals AND getting a replacement (used) injector, i still have a fuel leak :(

kingsol
09-21-2004, 12:40 PM
just twist and pull... you should search

silviasichigo
09-21-2004, 10:51 PM
I used some 6mm rubber hose slid it on to both sides of some pliers, the rotated the injectors til the plug side of the injector was inside the plier (more surface area) and the just pulled it out so it did not damage the plastic or break the injector.