PDA

View Full Version : Z32 26mm Caliper Spacer (30mm conv.)

bks14sr
04-25-2016, 04:35 PM
Not sure if anybody has tried this, but figured I would. Had a set of 26mm calipers sitting around, so decided to make a spacer to convert these to 30 mm. With 30mm oem hardware/o rings, I don't see why this wouldn't work. Tweaked my model a few times and printed out some prototypes. Fitment is great, so I'm gonna machine a batch of these out.

So my question is, has anybody else here tried this yet or are there any obvious reasons I'm missing as to why this wouldn't work?

Will post pics after work.

rawgarage
04-25-2016, 05:08 PM
don't you just grind out the rotor gap?

battery1882
04-25-2016, 05:22 PM
Not sure if anybody has tried this, but figured I would. Had a set of 26mm calipers sitting around, so decided to make a spacer to convert these to 30 mm. With 30mm oem hardware/o rings, I don't see why this wouldn't work. Tweaked my model a few times and printed out some prototypes. Fitment is great, so I'm gonna machine a batch of these out.

So my question is, has anybody else here tried this yet or are there any obvious reasons I'm missing as to why this wouldn't work?

Will post pics after work.

I'm interested if you are selling them. What is the material and how will you machine them?

You will notice that some of remanufactured calipers (autozone, etc) are 26mm with 4mm spacers.

Pic here : http://maxima.org/forums/advanced-suspension-chassis-braking/610517-brake-caliper-spacer.html

bks14sr
04-25-2016, 05:30 PM
I'm interested if you are selling them. What is the material and how will you machine them?

You will notice that some of remanufactured calipers (autozone, etc) are 26mm with 4mm spacers.

Pic here : http://maxima.org/forums/advanced-suspension-chassis-braking/610517-brake-caliper-spacer.html

Wasn't really planning on selling them, but hey, if there's an interest. Was just planning on cnc routing them out of aluminum jig plate

Nice, thanks. Did not know about the reman. calipers