PDA

View Full Version : S14 bogging/ecu code 55

USAFs13
04-05-2016, 03:44 PM
First off I've search and done about as much troubleshooting as I could in the last 24 hours due to work.

I was messing around with the car last week had the ecu in diagnostic mode to clear the check engine light. Drove off and car started freaking out. Realized what it was immediately cut the car off and returned the ecu to normal. Sunday driving home from out of town (drove there just fine) and car starts bogging down like I would press the gas and nothing would happen. Car wasnt trying to cut off or anything just lost power for a moment then back to normal.

Got the car home let it sit over night. Started up the next morning just fine and got me to work just fine. On the way home the issue started up again going about 40-60mph. Got home parked it and pulled the plugs out and checked the ecu for codes.

Troubleshooting so far:

Ecu code 55 (everything is normal code) but still throwing a cel
Plugs look fine but bought replacements anyway
Wires look ok (replacing anyway)
No smoking or odd colors

Next up I just have to test the injectors to make sure they are putting out the right reading. If all checks out I'm pretty much out of ideas unless the dizzy is bad but I kinda figure I would have issues starting also. I do have an exhaust leak but I've ran this car with much worse and didn't have this issue.

Parts on order: Plugs, Wires, Distributor cap and rotor button, 1 injector (in case one is bad), fuel pump and fuel filter.

USAFs13
04-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Still having this issue although now I have done the resistance test on the injectors and they have checked out fine. Im going to pull them and check o-rings today

KAT-PWR
04-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Check cts cuh

USAFs13
04-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Just an update don't want to get too excited yet but I finished the fuel pump install today and replaced plugs/wires/distributor cap and rotor. So far the car is back to normal and my check engine light has disappeared for the moment. Going to get my exhaust leak fixed and hopefully fix my reverse lights to get the car inspected.

USAFs13
04-08-2016, 06:11 PM
annnnnnnnd its back gonna test the cts next

USAFs13
04-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Changed out the cts and put in a 300zx fuel filter. Havent had any issues yet except now my IACV is throwing a code. Thanks for the help KAT-PWR

KAT-PWR
04-10-2016, 02:01 PM
10-4 bud, good luck

USAFs13
04-19-2016, 08:03 PM
So problem returned almost worse now. Definitely thinking its my IACV just need time to get it off and clean it up. I had to get my exhaust fixed today (leaks on both sides of the cat). Driving home car start bucking and bogging again. This time though it cut off when i got to the stop light. This is strange because I can drive the car for awhile and its fine. I drove 2 hours away this past weekend not a single hiccup. Turn it off drive it 10min and the problem comes back.