PDA

View Full Version : SR20det sputters under medium load

kyral
03-31-2016, 09:52 AM
I have an S13 redtop and when im cruising around town it runs fine and at WOT everything seems to work fine

It likes to sputter when i ease on the gas and at highway cruising speeds it sputters

im thinking its a boost leak anyone else have some insight?

cotbu
03-31-2016, 06:42 PM
This could be remedied by a tune up. Pull codes,then Check spark plugs. if they are fouled and you change them and they get fouled again and or you have the same symptoms it could be fuel or ignition related, but if you just want people to guess I guess fuel, air or electrical.

kyral
04-02-2016, 11:54 AM
It sputters under light throttle only above 3.5k rpms. car idles good around 1k rpms. misses a little bit while warming up and im pretty sure the car runs pretty rich, no flames but it pops occasionally

what would be some symptoms of a boost leak on an sr?
theres some intercooler piping i have my eye on where they cut the hole in the battery try to route the piping, i think it could be rubbing there. but today when it was colder out it seemed like the car ran great and boosted good took it for a 45 minute drive, no sputters at all today

Kingtal0n
04-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Instead of asking us if we think its a boost leak why not check it for boost leaks?

tune up and boost leak test,
verify cruise a/f ratio is closed loop,
check ignition timing at the crank using the method i posted 100 times

240boosted
04-06-2016, 11:19 AM
try to hold the gas down till like 3k and see if it does the same thing maybe the crank angel sensor?

SoundEfx
04-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Why is your car idling so high?
As mentioned before, check the codes and for vacuum leaks.

Also, get a data log and send it to your tuner. They should have an idea what is happening at the mentioned rpms.

Edyz7s
04-21-2016, 04:57 PM
Sputter, like you mean stutter? Sounds like you have the same prob as me. It'll only do that starting from 2.5k-3k and above, so when cruising for me on stop and go. But same like you on WOT it doesnt do that. It'll sound like a rev limiter. But you can check out the things I ruled out to see if that fixes your prob