PDA

View Full Version : SR hesitation or bogging under H.T

180SXtc
09-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Here is the deal and problem. Today is the first day for me to street my sr and it runs great however. When I roll into throttle im smooth all the way to redline (obviously not as much power this way), However when I get into the throttle hard like 50%+ or more esp. in first and second I get this bogging or hesitation followed with some pops and backfires. My assumption is fuel system I could be way off I know and i also know that fuel is very vast assumption. My question is has anyone had any experience with something like this or could anyone give me some specific symptoms to look for. Thanks

Tony

monkeyspeed
09-16-2004, 09:26 PM
i have the same problem....i changed the fuel filter and it helped, but it stil does it...i think it's the timing as i have checked everything else...

silviasichigo
09-16-2004, 10:31 PM
read and search there are several people who are having this problem. I am not sure it the solution was solved but the threads are there.

bdeisle
09-16-2004, 10:39 PM
i had the same problem for a sec. when i changed an blow for IC piping and it was just a small boost leak.

Vatche
09-16-2004, 11:56 PM
could be you need a fuel pump, or your turbo nuts could be loose and that causes it also, other then that check all your vaccuum lines cuz mine was eaten up by my manifold the other day and i was bogging after a certain amount of boost also

Pepperoni
09-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Yep check gasket leaks. Check timing. Get an aftermarket fuel pump (i didn't see that on your list)

autobahNESSA
09-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Could be tps also. If it only studders for a few seconds after you floor the throttle, then takes off like no problems, that could be a tps issue. Other then that timing, spark plugs maybe?

180SXtc
09-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Problem Fixed.... I pulled my plugs only to find out that the ground strap on cylinder 4s plug was well not there replaced plugs runs great thanks guys..

Tony