PDA

View Full Version : help!! HKS old School BOV

drifter_e
09-15-2004, 11:37 PM
having issues with hooking it up i hooked it up to the top nipple with vac from my intake manifold and wa do i get the bov stays open at idle and while i rev it so there im pouring gas down the cyl with not enough air so im runnig rich no go then i saw a pic here http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread...ghlight=hks+bov i then tried this setup i hooked up both nipples to vac and then voila it shut!! so now no leaks at idle but!! not here is a notehr problem haha the thing wont go off when i drive it so all i hear is compressor surge haha sounds nice but i want my turbo to last haha. Please help on hooking this thing up. I tried searching but i guess this bov is pretty rare. thnx in advanced

Inland180
09-16-2004, 10:39 PM
old HKS bov all work the same. For it to work properly you got to tune your car!! Tuned AFC will fix it.

andrave
09-18-2004, 07:38 PM
I have 3 older hks bovs but your link is dead and your grammar/typing skills leave something to be desired. sorry.

96twofourty
09-18-2004, 10:13 PM
baby jesus hates you

andrave
09-18-2004, 11:14 PM
there are 3 ways to hook this up. the first is what I've seen many people do: tee both to vaccuum. I don't know how that works, but I've seen several cars in japan like that. second, leave one to atmosphere and one to vaccuum. This apparently works the best. The third is the way it was designed: one to vaccuum and one to boost, the boost one worked as a "boost assist" to open the valve quicker and in the process insuring that it always leaks.