PDA

View Full Version : Need info for a rb25 s14 build

madd
02-27-2016, 11:47 PM
I'm in the process on building my second s14. I was close to being done with my first one, but it didn't like the tree I picked out for it. Anyways, I was able to salvage the rb25 and now putting it in another zenki. The new car came with an AEM S1 ems. One question is; will an ems that came off a KA work for a rb25?

Another conflict I'm having is putting all this stuff on a stock ecu. What precautions do I need to take so I don't pull an expensive newb uh-oh? Everyone's telling me that the car needs to run tip top before I take it to get tuned. But at the same time telling me I should keep the stock turbo on it until the tune. Seems like conflicting information to me. Just want to confirm with the gurus here to get my stuff in order for tuning. I don't want to waste the shops time because I didn't know all the details.
Thanks

madd
02-28-2016, 02:15 AM
Also forgot to mention I'm shooting for 450whp
Greddy type intake
Gt35 turbo
FMIC
Stock throttle body
Top mount manifold
Z32 maf
S/s 3" downpipe to full 3" exhaust
Wideband
Nissan OEM gasket set
ARP head studs
Headed been machined and ported
3" turbo intake tube
New water pump
Probably a few thing I can't remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hanzbrady
02-29-2016, 08:35 AM
For your AEM question I'd contact a tuner who deals with them (Real Street Performance) or AEM directly and ask if you could make it work through some kind of patch harness or send it to get re pinned somehow. And for your stock ECU question, if you're changing turbos you're changing how the engine boosts and the fuel map so a piggy back would be the least I'd do. A Z32 MAF will definitley not be plug and play. If you have a tight budget I'd personal get a ROM tune from a company like RS Enthralpy.

madd
03-04-2016, 09:27 AM
For a ROM tune, is it something you just send your stock ECU off and they can handle it or does it need to be on a dyno?

hanzbrady
03-04-2016, 09:36 AM
For a ROM tune, is it something you just send your stock ECU off and they can handle it or does it need to be on a dyno?

Both, RS-Enthralpy has you send in your ECU for a flash tune and you can leave it at that and the car will run, however; I know Martain at RS also dynos the ROM tunes.

KAT-PWR
03-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Both, RS-Enthralpy has you send in your ECU for a flash tune and you can leave it at that and the car will run, however; I know Martain at RS also dynos the ROM tunes.

This.
I ran my car on a mail tune for about 2 years, then had Martin dyno tune it. Awesome person. I can't say enough good things about the way Martin runs RS-Enthalpy.
From tuning to support to general tech he's the man.