PDA

View Full Version : Sr20dt Hydraulic Lifters

Turb
02-15-2016, 08:46 PM
I pulled all my lifters out to get machined one of them wouldn't come so I said screw it and got it milled, Now lifter is not even close to coming out it won't even budge how should I go about getting them out?

And as well I can't bleed them idk if I'm not doing something right but I have it in a glass of oil and I'm trying to push an allen wrench in the little hole and compress it but superman himself couldn't push these lifters down, Im i doing something wrong??

Tyler_240
02-17-2016, 04:06 AM
I pulled all my lifters out to get machined one of them wouldn't come so I said screw it and got it milled, Now lifter is not even close to coming out it won't even budge how should I go about getting them out?

And as well I can't bleed them idk if I'm not doing something right but I have it in a glass of oil and I'm trying to push an allen wrench in the little hole and compress it but superman himself couldn't push these lifters down, Im i doing something wrong??

You have to use a tiny allen key that not only fits in the hole, but there is a sweet spot inside the lifter you need to find and you'll know, just wiggle it around and it should compress without a huge amount of effort. Jerk it off until no more air comes out.

As for the one that won't come out, have you tried putting a rag around it and using pliers?

codyace
02-17-2016, 07:28 AM
Why are you machining lifters?

Or are you taking them out just get the head machined

Use a pair of lyers grip the tip of th elifter as low as you can, and then twist/wiggle it out. It'll come. Or even spray some penetrate oil/wd40 around it, may be some coked oil.

You can even use a 'strong' paperclip to push down on the HLA to bleed it. It must be 100% submerged when you do this. If you have any that are just plain stuck, I'd suggest getting ALL new, and then also verifying/making sure your oil pump/system works as well. They can collapse/not work, and if so, order ones for a B15 sentra, as they are of the upgraded design (00+ roller rocker engine sr20)

240boosted
04-06-2016, 11:30 AM
what are your power levels why are you going to machine them go get some solid lifters