PDA

View Full Version : S15 Black top to S14 facelift

Lockie
02-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Hi, I'm after some advice if anyone is willing to help me out. I currently have a S14 de running a plus T set up and has blown up. I have now purchased a rebuilt sr20det Black top from a s15, i need to get a turbo and exhaust manifold for it. I am chasing KW with this build but i am only new to this so need some help, I'm after a reasonable priced turbo and manifold pref top mount, any suggestions would be mint, also can someone tell me what engine bay loom ill need, i was thinking id have to purchase a s14 DET loom as my DE wouldn't work, is that correct? Thanks in advance

Mr.s14.5
02-09-2016, 11:04 AM
if you're trying to get this thing on the road as soon as possible try finding all factory parts, you can find a used s15 turbo and manifold pretty cheap now days, you'll also need the lines for the turbo and i would get a s15 sr engine harness and get your s14 harness and make 1 or you could used the s14 sr20det engine harness but just make sure you are running s14 sr20det injectors along with the ecu and maf that matches your ecu and engine harness. Hopefully this can help you source out what you need.

Lockie
02-09-2016, 12:05 PM
Yeah I'm not too rushed to get it on the road as i want to do it once and right, id rather run a better turbo at low boost then have a s15 turbo being wound out all the time if that makes sense. I was looking at a Garrett gt2871r what is your opinion on them? Also yes i have a s15 engine but s14 body so would using the s14 loom be easier as less wiring hassle? what are the diss advantages of that as i wanted to upgrade the injectors at some point?