PDA

View Full Version : ETD manifold any good?

dsylvia
09-13-2004, 06:24 AM
hi everyone, im pretty new to this site and im hoping all you knowledgable folks can help me out.

Im curious as to how good the ETD turbo manifold is for the KA engine.
heres a link to the site:
http://www.etdracing.com/manifold/manifold6.html

choosing the manifold for my project is proving to be the most difficult decision for my KAT project so far. Please help. thanks.

dsylvia
09-13-2004, 06:19 PM
no ideas huh.

Bbandit
09-13-2004, 07:53 PM
I posted some reviews in NICO (ka-t section) about this manifold...
But I'll do it again.

Yes I have ETD manifold and has been running it since last may.
No signs of crack yet.
The coatings chipped a bit.
Other than that, Its holding pretty good (after numerous autoX and drift events in the summer).
Im running t3 super 60 and the turbo fits perfectly without having to re-locate the p/s reservoir.
But if you're running T3/04, you need to re-locate the p/s reservoir to the front a little bit.

Alright now lets talk quality.
1) First of all, the manifold looks great from the outside. But when you look at the inside, you will notice that the welds didnt penetrate all the way through.
This can be fixed if you know someone who can weld.

2) The manifold's flange seems to experience warping after a week of usage.
This is caused by the solid one-piece flange design. The exhaust gas will leak through the gap that the warping creates.
This can be fixed by cutting the flange so that each runners has their own flange.
The holes for the bolt should also be cut/bore a bit to allow expansions during high temperature cycle.
Also, using mr gasket's copper exhaust manifold gasket helps prevent the exhaust leak.

Overall, I like the design... I have a good 1.5 inch of gap between my turbine and my brake master cylinder. Its just perfect for my setup and my taste. I would love to buy this manifold again after the one I have cracked. :)

dsylvia
09-14-2004, 05:51 AM
thanks bandit, thats just the info i was looking for. As far as getting them little problems fixed, that shouldnt be a problem, my neighbor is a welder. and i can get the cuts done easy. I feel that them fixable defects are worth it considering this mani seems to have the best clearance. thanks again!

silviasichigo
09-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Damn that is really expensive for a manifold...........I know it is a custom thing but shit you can get a RS-S equal length runner Stainless manifold (for a SR) for $340 3mm thick. Sorry just commenting shit is expensive for the KA

dsylvia
09-14-2004, 09:32 AM
if you went on the site and are commenting on the prices listed there......the prices are in canadian dollars, since they're in canada. it converts to about 422.00 bucks for the manifold. and im sure some KA-T guys will tell you, that price aint so bad.

bkfill
09-14-2004, 09:34 AM
www.ka-t.org