PDA

View Full Version : What's the best tire changer under 5k

Bnr32gtr
01-27-2016, 08:00 AM
I'm looking into buying a tire changer I would like to Find one for around 3k but might go up to 5 if it's just that much better. Sick of dicks fucking up wheels and still having to pay when they run the duck bill around the lip. I kno they make touchless ones but they seam out of my price range. What brands r u guy using that are not messing up wheels. Thanks

Bnr32gtr
02-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Any input????

Mitsubayati
02-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Anything in the 3-5k range is pretty much going to be the same single arm machine. They will all manage to scratch your wheels if you aren't careful enough. Find something that you can find universal parts for easily and go with that. rim-clamp and hunter would be go tos but they are quite expensive and the no-name stuff can be had for much less with similar results.

future
02-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Yeah I don't blame your machine. I blame your workers

I work on a 14k machine and a single arm one. Damage is enviable but it's up to workers to make it less often.

I do prius wheels to multi piece custom things with no problems on either. One is just easier the the other

rawgarage
02-02-2016, 09:25 AM
get a machine you can afford... make sure they take their time

ANVIL
02-02-2016, 10:44 AM
Just make sure you get all the hard plastic accessories for any surface that touchest the wheel