PDA

View Full Version : Valve buckets removed and now out of order

newkid99
12-13-2015, 10:43 AM
So I brought the head of my ka-de to a machine shop, had it decked and hot tanked then taken to another shop to put in some bc valve springs, stock retainers stock valves but anyway when the shop pulled my buckets they wrote on top with a Sharpe what spot they were removed from, and in the cardboard box they were sliding around in it got rubbed off on all but one. Am I completely screwed in this situation? What are my options?

dbeiler
12-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Option 1: Take it to a machine shop and have them assemble the head. They own the necessary tools and have experience.

Option 2: Buy a micrometer and feeler gauge. Measure each shim with the micrometer and record all the results. Assemble the valvetrain while keeping track of the location of each shim. Check each individual valve lash with the feeler gauge. Record all measurements. Do math. Remove cams and swap shims to meet valve lash specs. Reinstall cams and recheck valve lash.

newkid99
12-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Thank you for the reply, I am going to take it to a machine shop for sure because I just want to be sure it's done right.