PDA

View Full Version : Noise behind dash when closing door and other door is shut.

wanadrift
11-25-2015, 07:47 AM
I have a noise coming from what sounds like the middle of the dash board right behind hvac controls. It's a deep hollow sound of something hitting against something plastic and metal. I'm about to pull the dash but was wondering if this is a common issue and is there a fix?

5280VertDET
11-25-2015, 08:27 AM
Its the vent flap. It's either broken or come off the mechanism that opens and closes it when you move the sliders on the HVAC. Real PITA... Good luck.

hobbs
11-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Its the vent flap. It's either broken or come off the mechanism that opens and closes it when you move the sliders on the HVAC. Real PITA... Good luck.

^ This, I had the same on one of my S13s where the plastic ended up breaking off the arm the moved the flapper. You'll need to pull the dash to get at the box, I believe it's integrated with the blower motor housing.

wanadrift
11-25-2015, 09:06 AM
Alright thanks guys. Does anyone have a partnumber for that ? It's called "vent flap"? I might as well order it before I go and pull the dash.

collegekid
11-25-2015, 09:13 AM
https://www.courtesyparts.com/

Same issue that I have with my subaru. Sounded like some plastic clip came off and was sucked into the fan and it was ground up by the fan.

Shit is fucking annoying as hell