PDA

View Full Version : Make your own custom A/C Hardlines

sentradude
11-24-2015, 04:57 PM
I want to make my own hard lines (existing look like ...., is this possible? If so:

1. Where can I get the material (Aluminum tubing??)
2. Can it be soldered or does it have to be welded (fittings)
3. Any other suggestions

ultimateirving
11-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Get some hardliners that are used and in good shape. Then take to Jon at future fab and tell him what you need. He can weld them and did mine

codyace
11-24-2015, 08:09 PM
The better question is, what are you trying to make do? Custom in general or custom because an option doesnt' exist?

For SR swaps, I make conversion brakcets that work with stock lines: www.sr20acbrackets.com

For LSX and RB there is a custom line guy as well. Let me know and we'll get ya sorted out!

sentradude
12-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Basically the line high pressure hot line looks crappy as it took me a few different approaches before figuring out how to run the line so now it looks bad. I would like to bend the new line to what the shape should be.

JAStirrett
12-08-2015, 08:35 PM
The lines have to be welded and welding A/C aluminum is not easy. It is very porous and with no experience I wouldn't waste the time. Do what ultimateirving said and go to a shop and tell them what you need.

I have a custom A/C line and what I had done was the large low pressure line going behind the block to the compressor comes out in 3 pieces. I had my guy use the elbow on the firewall and the fitting/reservoir that goes in to the compressor. He welded fittings on both ends and I have compatible A/C hose in between. Flexible enough not to piss you off when rerouting the line.

Good luck.

Oh and to add one more thing, I also use CodyAce's SR conversion brackets. Good stuff.