PDA

View Full Version : This looks pretty bad, rusty cams

mjjstang
09-05-2004, 10:14 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/375000-375999/375352_37.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/375000-375999/375352_38.jpg

what do you think, Will I need new cams, or at least id have to sand them down which means take em out. But if I do take em out I can shove em down rickeys throat, rickey from race up in miami your a fucking pig you peice of shit, rat bastard. oh sorry back to the point, so yah what do you guys think.

TokyoNights
09-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Rickeys a dooooooooooouche :rl:

Send him picks of that and see what he says,, did you check the oil pan yet for metal bits?

mjjstang
09-05-2004, 11:24 AM
well I did install a greddy pan, but yah rickey dont give 2 shits man, if you know anyting about him then u should know that, hes a cock sucking little whore, and i am just as bad for even buying from him, all the other parts in the head look fine, again i didnt see anything in the pan but i wasnt really looking very hard either, some people say a lil rust is ok but shit this is a LOT. im looking at hks stage 1 cams for the s13 sr, but I DONT want to start fing with timeing chains and TDC and all that good shit, when it comes to timing, thats my worst nightmare. but it looks like im gonna have to.

v8blakdak
09-05-2004, 12:17 PM
looks sticky icky, just get the new cams, timing chain and do it now. b/c ur gonna do it in the future for more power and then ur gonna have more stuff to remove, unlike now were u have nice room to work with.

p m m c c k k yy shooosh

TokyoNights
09-05-2004, 12:20 PM
ohh I know about rickey man, back when I got my first sr it was from him,,first it was a wrong ecu that he gave me shit about,, then the motor spun a bearing a week later. Good luck mang

PSI240SX
09-05-2004, 05:45 PM
its normal when they sit around for awhile. It's just surface rust. You have 2 choices, both of which involve removing the cams. A) remove and clean, and re-install. B) new cams. Its actually very easy to remove and install the cams. Set the car to tdc before you start and just put it all back together the same way.

mjjstang
09-13-2004, 12:22 PM
well ok i know its a couple days old but i didnt want to start a new post, I searched about this cam shit and found like nothing, I have a few questions though

1. how do I remove them, the fsm is tellin me to basically take the whole Fin thing apart, from timing cover to oil pan, or am i reading it wrong, I figure all I have to do is set the shiny links to the dots on the cam sprockets, then loosen the large bolts on the end of the cams, loosen the towers in order, and take em off, then slide the cams back and put new ones in, or am i way off.

2. I would be getting hks step 1, but at first I though 256 was for s13 and 265 was for s14 but now i see that I could go either way, now can someone tell me the difference between the 2, or which one is the more popular to go with,

3. also what kind of hp gains would a set of these make, on like maybe a little above stock boost normal bolton shit. yah I know im asking newbish questions but I cant seem to find the answers on here or FA. thanks for any help.

element240
09-13-2004, 12:30 PM
go and read the FSM AGIAN!

you need to read the part where you unbolt the cam gears and remove those and then remove the cam towers/bolts etc etc

its SOOOPER DOOOOPER E-Z

and if you're interested i have a set of perfectly good stock s13 sr20 cams.

go to phase2 and read about the hks cams if you want to know more about the differences :werd:

S14DB
09-13-2004, 12:47 PM
rickey rip-off strikes again!!!

mjjstang
09-13-2004, 01:04 PM
basically all I want to know is if I have to take the chain cover off or not, I think the fsm makes it harder than it is, but im going to read it again, also If I do one cam at a time I shouldnt have to separate the exhaust cam gear from the cas, right, cause I hate timing and shit like that,

Oh I just checked phase 2, they make it look black and white, obvious it is 264/264, but then if you go to other sites they say for the intake, on an s13 you can use the 256, blah blah so I guess I will just go with 264/264 though,

alright so I took the valve cover off again just now and rotated crank. but after like 20 minutes of rotating, the silver links just wont line up, dont the cams lobes on no. 1 just have to be pointing outward and then the crank at the yellow mark? shit wtf.

v8blakdak
09-17-2004, 05:40 PM
just get element240s cams, those things are like new.