PDA

View Full Version : tach problem repost

Vatche
09-03-2004, 11:38 PM
ok so ive asked this before and i always get someone telling me, "oh thats easy ill fix it for you" 3 times thats happened and three times i got nothing in response from them....

my problem is i have an 89 coupe with sr tach and usdm hud cluster....the tach idles at 0 and revs up when im driving but totally off....i know there is a way to fix this problem ive heard of ways from people....but i still dont know what exactly the fix is .....and i dont want to pay someone 200 bucks to fix it when it can be fixed really easily any help will be appreciated.....understand this problem bothers me and im not jdm superstar electrician. dont get upset and call me stupid for not searching because i have i dont ever find anything

nightwalker
09-04-2004, 01:59 AM
is it a TACH problem, or an engine problem? If you messed with the tach, such as taking the needle off, fiddling with it, it's a lot more complicated to get it calibrated. If it's an engine problem, you will most surely find your answers here. www.240sx.org

Nissandriver714
09-04-2004, 03:16 AM
It's an easy fix :blah: , what year is the usdm guage cluster from? What i'm about to tell is all that I've gathered from online sources, take them however you want to. I've made my usdm DOHC HUD gauge cluster work with my SR tach. You need to get the DOHC gauge cluster, then swap the sr tach into the usdm gauge cluster, then it'll work. Requires a little cutting on the sr tach.
*sidenote: I live in OC, too, but never seen your car. What are of OC do u live iN?