PDA

View Full Version : Fuse box relocating question

shotcaller1681
11-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Hey guys i already have my fuse box where my passenger air bag use to be (s14 ka24de) and i have my battery in the trunk with the distribution block in the engine bay can i just run a wire from the positive of the alternator to the starter and the starter to the distribution box i dont feel like running a wire to the fuse box anyone have any problems not having the alt wire without a fuse??

Lej
11-09-2015, 05:01 PM
How did you get the fuse boxes in the passenger airbag spot?? just curious because I have a friend attempted it. did you do any cutting? extending?

KAT-PWR
11-09-2015, 05:46 PM
yes there is cutting and extending

shotcaller1681
11-09-2015, 05:48 PM
When you pull it all inside the car you need to separate the lights and all the stuff you want to keep in the engine and yo separate it you have to cut some wires and then extend some I had 10 total I labeled them one by one so it was easy

dbeiler
11-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Hey guys i already have my fuse box where my passenger air bag use to be (s14 ka24de) and i have my battery in the trunk with the distribution block in the engine bay can i just run a wire from the positive of the alternator to the starter and the starter to the distribution box i dont feel like running a wire to the fuse box anyone have any problems not having the alt wire without a fuse??

How are you getting power to the fuse box?

Yes, you can route the alternator large power wire to the starter and then use that to feed power back to the battery.

You still need to get power from the alternator/battery to the fuse box.

You must still utilize the two smaller gauge wires from the alternator to the gauge cluster and fusebox.

shotcaller1681
11-09-2015, 10:17 PM
How are you getting power to the fuse box?

Yes, you can route the alternator large power wire to the starter and then use that to feed power back to the battery.

You still need to get power from the alternator/battery to the fuse box.

You must still utilize the two smaller gauge wires from the alternator to the gauge cluster and fusebox.

The power wires from the fuse box that went to the battery terminal are going to my distribution block from my battery then what I'm going to do is bridge my alt to my starter and then starter to distribution block