PDA

View Full Version : sr20 infector/fuel rail question

wew
11-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Just bought sr20 with whole get up and stuff and I just noticed I am missing the screw down piece on the fuel rail for an injector. What is this called and where can I buy one? Do I need to buy a new fuel rail? I can probably find a picture of one if no one knows what I'm talking about.

rc1honda
11-08-2015, 01:22 AM
Take a picture of the of what you missing. Are you missing a bolt the bolts the rail to the intake or the screw that holds the injector on the rail?

Or worse comes to worse take a screw that you do have out of one of the other mounting points and bring it to a hardware store. Get a replacement. All you need is screw length, thread and pitch. The screw itself isn't some load bearing nucleus screw. You can use a regular screw from the hardware store as long as it the right length; thread and pitch. If it's the bolt that bolt the rail to the intake you're gonna need the little spacer too.

When you work on you car a lot you gonna lose bolts, screws, washers and other shit. As long as they aren't some vital bolt, like a flywheel bolt, then just grab one from Home Depot or hardware store.

Of you're really that worried about a bolt of screw not being strong enough just get the grade 8 bolts or the 10.9 rated bolts and screws. They will most likely be higher rated than the OEM bolts and screws.

daryl337
11-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Think he means the injector cap.