PDA

View Full Version : S14 daughter board

Hancock240
10-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Hello! Does anyone know how or where to find out what this is set up for? It came with my engine in the computer but when it is installed my car seems to run in limp mode, perhaps it is set up for a different configuration i.e. Z32 MAF, different injectors etc. when I remove it my car runs fine but I thought maybe I could use it for a new set up or something! I live in an area where everyone only cares about V8 muscle cars, so no one has been able to tell me anything about it! Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cotbu
10-23-2015, 08:38 PM
First of all you have chips that aren't installed correctly, fix that!

Then dump the bins, so we can read them.
My guess is mafs upgrade and 02 sensor off, Or blacktop 02 sensor, just a guess.

Sent from my Highly Tuned Note 4.5!!!

kruked
10-23-2015, 09:22 PM
It's not a Martin tune. He doesn't use that type of ribbon cable. Or daughter board.

Hancock240
10-23-2015, 10:19 PM
Not sure what it is, some online info indicates it may contain some kinda tune??? Most is my previous cars were all mechanical (81 Corolla sr5) so I am not too familiar with this stuff....

Hancock240
10-23-2015, 10:20 PM
Not even sure what the bins are????

kruked
10-23-2015, 10:22 PM
It's definitely a tune. You would have to get in touch w/ the previous owner to find out what is on the board.

Hancock240
10-23-2015, 10:24 PM
No chance in that it came directly from Japan, I think the company might have just thrown this s14 ecu in when they shipped it

cotbu
10-24-2015, 01:22 PM
This is what you can do, hook up the consult port if not already done. Fix the chips so all pin are inserted into the socket, install the ecu, get a consult cable and turn the key on engine off, download the bin, tune or whatever is on the chips. Or if you have a chip reader, put the chip info in and save the data on the chip.

That is not a step by step, drivers rom address etc. are missing.

You don't need to find the original tuner anymore, that bs! You could just wipe the tune and get it tuned for your setup anyway instead of trying to match your setup to the unknown, duh.

Sent from my Highly Tuned Note 4.5!!!

Hancock240
10-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the help fellas! I give it a try.....