PDA

View Full Version : Weird SR20 ecu issue

Meeshka
10-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Hey guys,

So, I'm new to srs.

BACKSTORY:

I picked up a redtop coupe. It had some janky top mount setup, and blow through maf setup on stock everything. It ran like crap, so I bought a stock t25, and bottom mount manifold.

Everything is on the car, stock t25, maf moved back to draw through, basically stock redtop with fmic, exhaust, hks ssqv, apparently and deautchwerks 300 fuel pump on a switch, and wiring specialties pro harness.

ISSUE:

I have two ecus for the car. An e5 and the #62.
I am not currently running an 02 sensor to the ecu. Just my AEM Wideband. (i know this is not ideal, but I do not think it's causing my issue)

With the e5 plugged up, the car will run and idle fairly well. Revs feel awesome and seems to run better than the 62. However, at idle it will start to get really really rich (10s) and then it will act like the maf is bad when I rev it up and under load.

With the 62 ecu the car will not even try to idle. Dies right away. However if i rev it up and keep it running it does not hit a "rev limit"/ or act like the maf is bad. The couple seconds i can make it idle it will idle very lean (17's and up). However, I can drive the car and its fairly okay. Will stutter a little at partial throttle every now and then, but full throttle is perfect. Car will do pulls and all. Just absolutely no idle.

I have cleaned the iacv, tested for boost/vac leaks.

What might my next step be? Im thinking maybe both my ecus are bad or something? Once the weather clears up I'm going to check the timing and make sure everything is right. Just did spark plugs, oil is clean as hell.

soundboy
10-10-2015, 03:47 PM
E5 with a new o2. Problem solved. O2 is why it's idling rich

Meeshka
10-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Really? Would that explain the maf cut issue?

Ill try it here in the next day or two. I have a buddy running no 02 onbhis notchtop and no issues. Also have read some stuff online of people running without them.

But i think it is a good place to start.

OnTheChip
10-11-2015, 10:07 AM
you can switch the AEM wideband O2 sensor output (white wire) to narrow-band emulation mode and then connect it directly to the O2 sensor input on the ECU.

Kingtal0n
10-11-2015, 11:09 AM
are you saying you wired the aem into the factory ECU? If you do that, you have to setup the sensor voltage outputs to emulate a narrowband using a cable and laptop.

2. What kind of O2 sensor is on the car, "fat" or "skinny". And just to be sure you mentioned the O2 sensor is UNPLUGGED right? It should be unplugged for you to diagnose the idle/running issue you have.

3. your next steps: compression test, boost pressurize leak test, clean the maf, check the fuel pressure, try a second maf from a SOHC KA

Meeshka
10-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Sorry shouldve cleared the up. Aem is wired seperately from the factory ecu.

I just tried to run an 02 sensor. On both ecus and no luck. No change whatsoever.

The 62 will run so rich it just dumps raw fuel. The e5 drives alright but will not hold idle.

Yes KingtalOn I guess your right I will do what was stated above an go from there.