PDA

View Full Version : Ka24de-t stock o2 sensors

Loomis112
10-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Do I need the stock o2 sensors if I am gonna run an AFC?

I can't find much info on this.

KAT-PWR
10-01-2015, 09:12 PM
No you need to kill yourself if you run an SAFC

Go here
http://rs-enthalpy.com

Loomis112
10-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Okaaaay...

So do I need factory o2 sensor's with a rom tune? lol

Chaluska
10-01-2015, 09:42 PM
regardless what you go with, you will always need a front o2 sensor. that is the only way the computer knows how rich or lean the car is running.

with a tuned ECU you can eliminate the rear o2 "catalytic convertor" sensor.... but you will ALWAYS require one front O2 sensor.

Loomis112
10-02-2015, 12:09 AM
Thanks man.

Kingtal0n
10-02-2015, 06:44 PM
well you dont need an o2 sensor at all. Not need. The engine will run fine without it.

It does help your economy if you do not know how to tune cars though, or how engines work. I have a wideband (NOT connected to my computer, so my computer has "no oxygen sensor") and I use my wideband to dial in my desired a/f ratio, which often deviates from the factory narrowband sensor anyways. So Need one? Nay, but the less you know about the engines/tunig, the better off you are with one...

Just keep in mind a few things about OEM narrowband O2 sensors;
1. they nearly all the same. You can go into a pep boys and look through the 1000's of boxes they have in the back and 99.9% of the oxygen sensors off the shelf will work fine in your engine
2. To add to #1, often if I need an O2 sensor, I go into the above type of store and buy the cheapest one, often a 1-wire o2 sensor from a 1980's chevy V8.
3. They only work during cruise situations, or similar. It is strictly an economical value, it does nothing for performance.
4. WHen using larger injectors and more sloppy fuel tables they might become a burder/bothersome. In other words, the ecu makes "step adjustments" to fueling based on O2 feedback, and the larger your injectors are, the larger each "step" is, often leading to overcompensation at low RPMS (thus flooding the engine and stopping it). for example: often, 740cc injectors cannot be used with an OEM type ECU at idle with O2 feedback enabled around stock 850rpm.

If you are serious about oxygen sensors, you get a wideband, and if you are super serious, you wire the analog output from your wideband to the narrowband input on your ECU and set your simulated narrowband output to more desirable a/f values. I recommend something like this if you have a large injector: [ 0.005v = 15.1:1 ; 0.995v = 14.6:1 ]