PDA

View Full Version : z31 clutch type diff

kungfucowboy
08-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Non VLSD oem options:

Z31 Turbo (non SS model) clutch type +4/87: works with open diff output flanges. Use S13 case and cover

I saw this in the archived section. i have heard that this diff doesn't work from others, has anyone here ever used a late 87-89 z31 clutch type diff in their 240sx? If so could you please tell me how the install worked out and how well the diff worked.

PS i did search but found nothing. if you found an answer to this question by doing could you please provide the link or search string you used TIA

phrozen
08-29-2004, 11:50 PM
its been covered, the diff will fit but u need custom shafts. its uber rare and u wont find one. and if u do there really old or not in good condition and ppl want outrageous prices for them. ur better off getting a vlsd or a new clutch type or something dont even bother its more trouble then its worth

NismoRacer1
03-06-2005, 10:22 AM
A buddy of mine has one that he bought for a parts car and I could get the whole rear assembly from him for practically nothing. Is there anyway those parts would work in my car....i have a S14

thanks

drift freaq
03-06-2005, 03:08 PM
A buddy of mine has one that he bought for a parts car and I could get the whole rear assembly from him for practically nothing. Is there anyway those parts would work in my car....i have a S14

thanks

you basically want to take out the internals and install them in your s14 case. I would seriously consider someone who knows clutch pack LSD's look it over though. Those are very old diffs coming out of high mileage cars most of the time . Clutch packs do wear out.
You might just be better off getting a Nismo 2 way LSD and being done . Brand new and not that expensive when all things are considered condition wise